Beginner Air Rifle - Backyard Shooting

Welcome to Bayou Shooter!

If you are in or near Louisiana, this is the community for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Status

JGP

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apr 15, 2012
I'm looking for something my son and i can do in the backyard.. target shooting, and possibly small game, armadillos, etc.

I live in a subdivision, but my backyard backs up to an empty wooded area. So, I'd like something powerful, but not too loud.

At first, I was looking at the Gamo Swarm Fusion or Magnum. After doing some research, they do not appear to get good reviews. I also came across http://flyingdragonairrifles.org/http://flyingdragonairrifles.org/

Anyone have any recommendations and/or experience with either Gamo or the Chinese knockoffs?

Thanks in advance!

twinin

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
May 5, 2017
Houma
I have a Benjamin Trial Nitro Piston 2 that I snagged off of Midway for $99 a while back. Got ride of the plastic tube scope it came with, but it's pretty quiet and I can shoot quarter-sized groups with it at about 30 yards. I am not an expert with these things though.

kpm

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Oct 5, 2008
Prairieville, LA
I have a Benjamin Trial Nitro Piston 2 that I snagged off of Midway for $99 a while back. Got ride of the plastic tube scope it came with, but it's pretty quiet and I can shoot quarter-sized groups with it at about 30 yards. I am not an expert with these things though.

I’m in the same boat and have the same air rifle. I can tell you I like the piston over a “springer” as I think it’s way more accurate. I mostly use mine to teach my son to shoot a scoped rifle and for fun at the camp. Also another must have is one of those loader pellet pens but I can’t recall the name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pandabear

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
May 1, 2014
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I've always use an old Remington bolt action that is tube fed. Mine has a 24" barrel(the longer the better). Just shoot .22CB's. You will be surprised how quiet it is. It produces 1/4 the sound of a pellet gun. Out to 30 yards you can shoot quarter inch holes.

Status

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roponop
Top Bottom