beginner needing info

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Check with Louisiana Guns and Reloading on Jefferson Hwy in BR. I think they started doing reloading classes again. I use a Redding Big Boss and it's all I've ever needed. RCBS and Redding dies mostly.

revbc

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Saint Francisville
    From what I’ve heard ( I could be wrong) they don’t warranty their products but the Mec is supposed to be really good!
    They have warranty registration on their website. I've not needed to use mine though. Seems to me, a company that's been in the reloading game as long as they have would have a descent warranty.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    The higher quality ammo you reload will bring bigger savings and return faster. It is hard to make just plinking ammo for cheaper but if you load hunting or match ammo you will save a lot more

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The higher quality ammo you reload will bring bigger savings and return faster. It is hard to make just plinking ammo for cheaper but if you load hunting or match ammo you will save a lot more

Can you purchase Gold Dot G2, HST, Gold Dot, PDX1, Golden Saber, Ranger T 9mm bullets to reload?

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Can you purchase Gold Dot G2, HST, Gold Dot, PDX1, Golden Saber, Ranger T 9mm bullets to reload?
    CCI/Speer and Remington sell projectiles to load. I wouldn’t suggest reloading self defense ammo though. Also the margins on common handgun are so small and less savings unless you are loading a lot of rounds

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    CCI/Speer and Remington sell projectiles to load. I wouldn’t suggest reloading self defense ammo though. Also the margins on common handgun are so small and less savings unless you are loading a lot of rounds

I do not reload anything. I purchase my ammunition by the case.

Top Bottom