belle chasse land fill

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    i was out on a drive last weekend, trying to get to know the area a little better, and i drove down a road that had a land fill. i thought i saw a sign that said it was closed, but the gate was open and there were recent looking tire tracks in there.

what i'm wondering is it "permissible" to go shooting at the land fill?

BTW i currently live on the air station in belle chasse and would really like to find a local rifle range ... driving two hours to pearl river is just too far.

ETA: here's a sat image of the area just for shits and giggles (click for larger version):

Last edited:

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    Isn't there a fairly large range in/near Belle Chase? Seems like it would be a better option than trying to tresspass in the landfill...

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    there's an indoor range in gretna which is pretty poorly ventilated. other than that, there's nothing i'm aware of, especially if you want to shoot a rifle.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Bayou Dragon in Crown Point.
    Rifles indoors 50yds
    Wed - Fri Noon til 8:00pm
    Sat & Sun 8 or 9(??) - 5pm
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132

Belle Chasse does have an outdoor range Plaquemines Parish is reopened, I don't know any of the details on it though.

I'd call the Sheriff's office about the landfill & or Range.

Bunch of people I'm related to shot @ Gretna yesterday & remarked how bad the noise is there. The range is down stairs in a basement or something.
    RDO

greg t

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    NOLA area
    Bayou Dragon in Crown Point.
    Rifles indoors 50yds
    Wed - Fri Noon til 8:00pm
    Sat & Sun 8 or 9(??) - 5pm
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132

Belle Chasse does have an outdoor range Plaquemines Parish is reopened, I don't know any of the details on it though.

I'd call the Sheriff's office about the landfill & or Range.

Bunch of people I'm related to shot @ Gretna yesterday & remarked how bad the noise is there. The range is down stairs in a basement or something.
    RDO
    thanks for reminding me of bayou dragon, but to me $20 is about much to pay to shoot on a range.

last i heard the plaquemines parish range was still closed due to some back-room deal with FEMA for money, but i'll have to give them a call and see if they're actually open to the public.

maybe i'm asking too much, but i don't think i should have to pay $20+ or drive 2 hours to find a decent range, especially in a state that bills itself as the "sportsman's paradise" :rolleyes:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    What about Shooter's Club on Hickory not the one on David Drive? I stopped in for a minute & it seems really nice. Probably no rifles though.
    Plaquemines if definitely open according to some guys that shot there. I'll find out cause it is the closest outdoor range I know of. Are you military?
    RDO

Top Bottom