Belt/holster advice

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    So I'm attending my first pistolatch tomorrow. I'm only planning to spectate. Not actually shoot just learn "the lay of the land". Now... I have a military grade plate carrier, a mid grade backpack, and a ton of other "tactical gear", however I do not have a proper belt/holster setup for match type shooting. Where/what brands should I be looking at for this stuff? I'm not wanting to buy Chinese garbage, but I don't think I'm ready to go all out dump a shipton of loot on it yet either. Just looking for basic/decent stuff to get myself started.

Browsing through all these threads, I think I'm finding answers to my own questions...

Last edited:

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    All you need is a simple Kydex holster and mag pouches for 3 to 4 magazines. Don’t buy anything until after the match. You will get a good idea seeing what works at the match.

freedive10

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    No need to spectate man. Get in there and shoot a match. During the briefing they will ask who the new shooters are. Everyone will be more than willing to help and explain things as you go. Don’t feel rushed your first match. Goal is to not get a DQ. (Disqualified) for a safety violation.

Enjoy and learn. Welcome to the world of competition shooting. The more we get into the sport, the better for our community! Remember to try and take a youngster or a newbie to the range and make it fun and interesting. We need more pro-gun people now more than ever.

Last edited:

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Go shoot, dont watch. Every match I have been to as a new guy they were extremely helpful. One of my first ones the COF was unique and I was first draw. The stage director put me back a few position to watch. Always been a cool environment.

I use this one every day and also for matches. It fits the bill for it all for me.

freedive10

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Go shoot, dont watch. Every match I have been to as a new guy they were extremely helpful. One of my first ones the COF was unique and I was first draw. The stage director put me back a few position to watch. Always been a cool environment.

I use this one every day and also for matches. It fits the bill for it all for me.

100% agree! These belts are awesome! I use it as my everyday carry belt as well.

FYI, Interstate Guns in Hammond carries them if you want to look at it first hand.

Top Bottom