Best areas to buy land for both hunting and recreational

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 14, 2020
    Baton Rouge
    I've been looking over last seasons info at https://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/assets/Resources/Publications/Deer/2020-21_louisiana_deer_report.pdf

Looks like the top 3 parishes for deer are Union, Bienville, and Claiborne (way up North LA).

I've been on LandWatch and Zillow scouting out some land to buy with some friends. We want to be able to use it for hunting and also put a trailer on it or build a cabin for camping and recreational chilling.

Some requirements we have are:

- Must have a creek or water source on it
    - Existing deeded road access to the land so we dont have to make a road or make a deal with the surrounding land owners in order to access the property
    - Not interested in selling the timber on it while we own it

Looking for something around 40 to 70 acres anywhere in the state.

Anyone familiar with this process or on where to look, I'd love to hear your ideas or feedback! Thanks

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Not in Louisiana but in recent years a friend of mine purchased 3 separate tracks of land like you want near Centreville Ms. with running water, Deer and Hogs and he would not purchase anything unless it was a bargain. He lives in La.

Stonehenge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016
    Slaughter
    From when I was looking a few months ago, land just a half hour further north than East Feliciana into Mississippi prices were half that of in-state. I know plenty of people hunting Woodville, Centerville, Gloster, Liberty and Tylertown who do really good.

Top Bottom