best belt and boots for emt?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I have a pair of Timberland boots that are the best shoes I have ever owned. They are steel toed and you don't even notice until you hit your toe and it doesn't hurt. Whatever is best for you though!!

Boothkicker

Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    West Monroe, LA
    As far as duty boots in general, the Under Armour Speed Freaks I have are my favorite that I've owned thus far. They are very comfortable, look good, and take a shine.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I've got 21 years in the field this year.

Belts: Go with one that'll hold your pants up. A belt's a belt.

Boots: What's important to you? Taking your boots off between calls? Boots with ankle support? Water proof boots? Price?

For some it's a matter of money in EBR EMS that means you're going to use that one's that you can have issued to you. They suck in my opinion but they're free.

For being able to take them off rapidly a pull on boot can't be beat. Justin Ropers are a good example of that type.

For ankle support any lace up will work better than the pull on boots but they're a PITA if you want to take them for sleeping etc.

I personally decided to go with boots that are excellent quality and can be re soled repeatedly. For me a pair of Danner Acadian boots work best. I'm on my second soles and still have not worn out the leather, popped a stitch, torn out a eyelet, and still have no leaks. I currently work straight days. I still wore lace up boots when I worked nights but just opted to sleep in them.

I've never had an occasion when I needed a steel toe boot in the field. Their a lot of extra weight with little to no benefit for us. I don't know of any experienced medics who wear them. Firemen are a different story.

They do sell the zippers that can be laced into the lace area on uniform boots. I've them with mixed results and never really liked them. But they do help you get them off and on more quickly.

http://www.danner.com/acadiar-mens-womens-uniform-boots.html

Dave

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    A good thick leather belt to attach a small pack, and i like my 511 boots. they have the zipper for easy on/off and a small pocket that holds a knife. I like the zipper so i dont have to untie them since i wear an ankle holster that laces in, on it. GET SOMETHING WATERPROOF, and I like a steel toe (or composite) and steel shank, and slip resistant. Dont want to be slipping around in someones blood. Some boots claim to have blood born pathogen resistant membrain http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Footwear/ATAC-8-Shield-CSAASTM-Boot.html these are comfortable to me. Of everything to consider, COMFORT and waterproof is the most important to me.

Last edited:

mudgrip92

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    destrehan la
    my wife is emt and swears by the rocky alphaforce to the point I went and got me a pair and I have to say (but don't tell her ) she was wright on this one all the way. lol! really though great boot well priced comfortable , waterproof . check in to it they are easy to maintain , a little polish and BAM! like new

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    As far as belts, buy a plain, black velcro belt - like Dave said, you only need it to hold your pants up, not carry everything on...

Boots? Buy quality but buy what's comfortable on YOUR feet...Your feet will thank you for it at the end of the shift. As far as brands, Rocky used to make a good boot, but when they switched production to overseas some years ago, I found their quality went down. Stay away from Converse - even though they're comfortable, they don't last. I always hated HiTech, but some people swear by them. My favorite personally are the Ridge Air-Tac zipper boots - they were very comfortable to me and they were pretty durable as well. I prefer the lace-ups or zippered boots over the slip-on roper style for the ankle support. Steel toes are unnecessary, add weight and cost to the boot, and can become uncomfortable to wear over the duration of a shift.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I've worn Danners, Converse, Oakley, Bates, and 5.11. The Danners and Oakleys have been my favorites. The converse were very comfy, but didnt make it longer than 6mos.

Top Bottom