Best Boudin in LA? Go vote on it

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gust

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 7, 2023
    South LA
    I think the guy who bought it from the original owner bought the business in BR, then opened the one in the Hammond area.
    I talked to him when they first opened in Hammond many years ago and I think that's how it went. Nice guy, was working his rear off everytime I went there for lunch. You could leave them your number and they'd call you when the fresh cracklins were about to come out. Drive home with my paper bag happy and greasy. I don't think they do that anymore...the line would get to long.

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Funny how all the Best Boudin mentions are near where it shows you live! LoL

Being originally from Mamou and growing up making our own Boudin until we found others that made it better, I’ve eaten quite a large amount of the brands made. Any of the ones mentioned that are sold in the stores are all pretty much the same with slight differences.

Eunice Superette(slaughter house) has superior Boudin with perfect balance. Charlie’s in Mamou is #2 and has a lot more meat than any others. Then Rhea’s in Basile is my #3 but still way better than any of the ones I’ve ever tasted around BTR.

The only ones that I will stop for is Billy’s or Best Stop, but Billy’s plain salt cracklins are the best I’ve eaten anywhere, but the Boudin will set your ass on fire and is probably going to be the reason I get a speeding ticket on the Atchafalaya coming back to BTR one day! LoL

Conaso

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2021
    Virginia
    And who is going to tally and organize the data? Having comments from someone in Gonzalez has little value to someone in Lafayette unless driving through. I would like to see the results for Baton Rouge, what's the best?

deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    Haven't had Best Stop in a while but Nunu's was pretty good when I had it. I also like Boudin King here in Jennings but they can be hit or miss on the salt. I tend to like more rice in my boudin than meat. Someone on here once said Petos on I-10 just west of Jennings was good.
    Dang! You are the only one so far that mentioned Nunu's. I'm from Carencro but I live in Houston now. I bypass all the others to stop at Nunu's in Scott and fill up an ice chest for the trip back. As for cracklins? There was a tee tiny place in Parks called Goulas that made the best but it shut down a few years back. Cant find anything to come close yet.

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I was born and raised in the Acadiana area, Cajun Country. The best boudin I've had, and I've had it most everywhere because I travel the entire state and I stop and try most all places (and pawns shops). "Kirks' You Need A Butcher" in Lafayette on Surrey St, outside the hood has the VERY BEST BOUDIN! They also make a Chicken Cracklin that no one else makes it like they do, and it's KILLER!

Last edited:

Bassncrap

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Arnaudville
    Funny how all the Best Boudin mentions are near where it shows you live! LoL

Being originally from Mamou and growing up making our own Boudin until we found others that made it better, I’ve eaten quite a large amount of the brands made. Any of the ones mentioned that are sold in the stores are all pretty much the same with slight differences.

Eunice Superette(slaughter house) has superior Boudin with perfect balance. Charlie’s in Mamou is #2 and has a lot more meat than any others. Then Rhea’s in Basile is my #3 but still way better than any of the ones I’ve ever tasted around BTR.

The only ones that I will stop for is Billy’s or Best Stop, but Billy’s plain salt cracklins are the best I’ve eaten anywhere, but the Boudin will set your ass on fire and is probably going to be the reason I get a speeding ticket on the Atchafalaya coming back to BTR one day! LoL
    How in da hell can you be from Mamou and mention Charlies... you nasty

Johnsons in Eunice used to be amazing back in the day

Bassncrap

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Arnaudville
    Tboys in Mamou and its not even a debate.....

You can tell who here has had boudin west of the Mississippi and who hasnt lol.

Billys is unseasoned rice dressing. Severely overated... even their boudin balls

Best stop it depends on which kid made it that day. The smoked is great

Dons is a joke

Nunus is what Id imagine **** from Bidens ass to taste like.

Kartchners in Scott has some good boudin but its a hit or miss. Their smoked is grease links. That jalapeño boudin ball is fiya!!

Eunice used to have a place called Johnsons that was just amazing.

Drew03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2014
    Raceland, LA
    Tboys in Mamou and its not even a debate.....

You can tell who here has had boudin west of the Mississippi and who hasnt lol.

Billys is unseasoned rice dressing. Severely overated... even their boudin balls

Best stop it depends on which kid made it that day. The smoked is great

Dons is a joke

Nunus is what Id imagine **** from Bidens ass to taste like.

Kartchners in Scott has some good boudin but its a hit or miss. Their smoked is grease links. That jalapeño boudin ball is fiya!!

Eunice used to have a place called Johnsons that was just amazing.
    This. Don’s? Guillorys? WTF. Half the damn places on the poll never should have made it lol

Bassncrap

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Arnaudville
    This. Don’s? Guillorys? WTF. Half the damn places on the poll never should have made it lol
    Hell I tried to look at the list and those cheap sites those stations use are loaded with **** and the list never came up.

Like when people say Jerry Lees or anywhere on that side of the river... makes me wonder if they ever had actual boudin before and know what it tastes like lol.

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    How in da hell can you be from Mamou and mention Charlies... you nasty

Johnsons in Eunice used to be amazing back in the day
    Haha… it’s been a while since I had Charlie’s but it used to be good. T’Boys is pretty good and I just forgot about them.

I agree with Bassn that Dons is Crap, but they pull in a lot of people that swear it’s awesome.
    I can smell that **** without seeing it and know it’s theirs! LoL

Johnson’s in Eunice was pretty good but I still like the Superette. Abe’s in Lake Charles used to be good YEARS ago but they are no better than Savoies from the grocery store.

I bet it’s gonna be some commercialized brand that wins. When it comes to food, Quality Over Quantity Wins to me but this kind of poll is like asking who has the Best Steak and a bunch of fools vote for Outback! Haha

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Hell I tried to look at the list and those cheap sites those stations use are loaded with **** and the list never came up.

Like when people say Jerry Lees or anywhere on that side of the river... makes me wonder if they ever had actual boudin before and know what it tastes like lol.
    Jerry Lee’s does have awesome hoghead cheese!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Okay...Best Stop may have a good rice dressing in a casing but the BEST Boudin is just a little drive up Hiway 13 to Mowata... You all should get out a little away and from those "trendy" boutique shops. And WHO THE HELL puts pepperjack in boudin?? If you are into "crap in a casing" take a trip to New Iberia and check out Legnon's Boucherie. They have red beans and rice, crawfish fettucine, and a few others, in a casing...
    Oh man it sounds like you haven't had a pepperjack boudin ball...you are missing out!

Top Bottom