Best Course Of Action for CC

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alakablam985

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2023
    Mandeville
    Hello.
    I need some advice on the best way to proceed on getting my CC. Ive already taken and passed certification but now need to get fingerprinted and submit my application to LSP. Would it be better to just drive to Baton Rouge and do everything in person at LSP? Or can I skip the hour drive, go to St. Tammany Sherriffs office crime lab, get fingerprinted there and send everything electronically. And my 2nd question is, how was the wait at LSP? I heard theres limited spots per day from the instructor.
    Thanks.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    not sure if you can attach electronic prints on LSPCHP site... i have always head its better to go to them and give them there money to get prints done, could save you a rejection... but its been years since i had to do my prints because of renewals i haven't had to, maybe a fresher permit holder can shed some light

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    I took the drive to Baton Rouge LSP handgun permit office. There are/were actually two lines for fingerprints. One for handgun permits, and the other for anyone else, and the handgun permit line received priority over everyone else. When I walked in the CHP line was empty, and the other line had about 20 people queued up. As soon as the officer finished with the person he was helping, he took me next.

Alakablam985

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2023
    Mandeville
    Thanks for the info! Guess Ill just head up there. I was concerned. The guy I talked to said theres a possibility Id get there just to wait in 1 long line all day then get turned away. Fugum..about how long ago were you there?

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    from what i heard chp have priority over all other prints... plus for first time app, if your nice and ask somebody they will come down and do a quick once over and make sure you didnt miss anything, unless they stopped doing that... not sure

boudy30

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2022
    Hammond, LA
    Another recommendation to go to LSP. I showed up about 900 am had about hour wait, but still recommend for ease and you know they have your prints. I did the whole process online with LSP in person and had my CCP in my mailbox in less than 10 days.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Thanks for the info! Guess Ill just head up there. I was concerned. The guy I talked to said theres a possibility Id get there just to wait in 1 long line all day then get turned away. Fugum..about how long ago were you there?
    It's probably been about 6 years since I was there. I didn't realize my permit had expired quite some time earlier, so I had to go through the whole process again.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom