Best DA/SA Concealed Compact 9mm??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ddski5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Prairieville
    What do you think would be a good concealed carry compact 9mm handgun with DA/SA?

Yes, I realized it has alot to do with preference and what you shoot the best but what is your experience- your opinion??

Last edited:

jtj5002

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Lacombe
    Pick any of these.
    1660678438942.png

Personally this is my favorite
    1660678512803.png

Ddski5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Prairieville
    Pick any of these.
    View attachment 124294

Personally this is my favorite
    View attachment 124295
    I am kinda new getting into the handgun scene- been on/off for years shooting here and there. I really enjoy shooting my Taurus PT-99. It is a DA/SA and shoots really smooth but not a compact. Have a Springfield XD-9 sub compact but daughter claimed it when we did the CC class together. I researched the Taurus TH, which looks to be the compact of the PT-99 but the reviews put it as a plinker and I want a proven, reliable handgun- don't really know, just going by the reviews. From what I have researched, the CZ P-01 is LE and military proven. Is the bottom right black one the P-07?

jtj5002

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Lacombe
    I am kinda new getting into the handgun scene- been on/off for years shooting here and there. I really enjoy shooting my Taurus PT-99. It is a DA/SA and shoots really smooth but not a compact. Have a Springfield XD-9 sub compact but daughter claimed it when we did the CC class together. I researched the Taurus TH, which looks to be the compact of the PT-99 but the reviews put it as a plinker and I want a proven, reliable handgun- don't really know, just going by the reviews. From what I have researched, the CZ P-01 is LE and military proven. Is the bottom right black one the P-07?
    Left top to bottom: Sig P239, S&W 3913 Ladysmith, S&W CS9
    Left top to bottom: P01, P01, P07.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Right now my favorite DA/SA 9mm is a Lionheart Regulus. I have the "Combat" model with a full--sized frame, but they also have more compact models.

It's based on the Daewoo K5, which is used by the Korean military.

S&W made some really nice DA/SA pistols back in the day, but I'd be reluctant to rely on one as an EDC piece now since they are no longer making parts for them.

Mike

Ddski5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Prairieville
    Right now my favorite DA/SA 9mm is a Lionheart Regulus. I have the "Combat" model with a full--sized frame, but they also have more compact models.

It's based on the Daewoo K5, which is used by the Korean military.

S&W made some really nice DA/SA pistols back in the day, but I'd be reluctant to rely on one as an EDC piece now since they are no longer making parts for them.

Mike
    That’s a solid looking handgun. The info and particulars stated on the website are very impressive. Pretty pricey though- get what you pay for?

No decocker? just a side safety?

Last edited:

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That’s a solid looking handgun. The info and particulars stated on the website are very impressive. Pretty pricey though- get what you pay for?

No decocker? just a side safety?
    The fit and finish on the gun are superb, and it's admittedly a bit of a "niche" item, so the price is commensurate with that. Then again, comparable Sigs are well into four figures, so it's on par there.

It doesn't have a decocker, but I never cared about that. My manual of arms has never included using a decocker; I prefer to just unload and show clear by removing the magazine and manipulating the slide. YMMV, of course, and I'm not trying to stir a debate about decockers ... just stating my preference there.

The Lionheart / Daewoo design also has the "double action plus" hammer design, which allows you to cock the hammer and then push the hammer back in. The mainspring remains cocked by the hammer is back up in the slide—out of the way for a smoother draw. Took me a bit of getting used to, but the more I use it the more I like it.

Granted, it's not for everyone, but I figured I'd toss it into the mix for the hell of it.

Mike

jtj5002

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Lacombe
    You really want to find a way to try them out before you invest. Some people like thinner but larger guns like the P01 (with thin grips), where the P30SK is smaller but thicker. Everyone's body is different and different things works for different people.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom