Biggest Regret?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mod1911a

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Covington, LA
    S&W Model 27 Blue w/3-1/2" (pinned) barrel. Bought it at a pawn shop in near perfect condition for a little under $300 in early 90's. Traded it at a gun show for a shotgun a few years later to fund a shotgun to get back into duck hunting when I didn't have much "disposable" income.
    I still feel physically ill to this day when I think about that trade.
    And there was that Colt Trooper, and that...........

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I would think my beretta 21 I think, it was a 25 acp and also an H&R 22 revolver 9 shot.

It’s not so much the sold part, although I would like to have both back, it’s what I sold them for, probably $100 each.

I do have a couple on my Don’t sell list now. A Beretta 92X and a Taurus PT92 in Stainless. The striker fired wonder pistols are too plentiful and easy to come by.

mod1911a

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Covington, LA
    Ohhhhhhh!

I would think my beretta 21 I think, it was a 25 acp and also an H&R 22 revolver 9 shot.

It’s not so much the sold part, although I would like to have both back, it’s what I sold them for, probably $100 each.

I do have a couple on my Don’t sell list now. A Beretta 92X and a Taurus PT92 in Stainless. The striker fired wonder pistols are too plentiful and easy to come by.
    WHOA! I had an H&R Model 999 "Sportsman" 9-shot .22 that I also regret trading off one day. Nice little gun, good lucking with the vent rib barrel, and pretty accurate. It sucked back in the day when I had to trade or sell some gun to get another. I literally have a sheet of paper, two columns, of every gun I ever had.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    WHOA! I had an H&R Model 999 "Sportsman" 9-shot .22 that I also regret trading off one day. Nice little gun, good lucking with the vent rib barrel, and pretty accurate. It sucked back in the day when I had to trade or sell some gun to get another. I literally have a sheet of paper, two columns, of every gun I ever had.
    I saw one on here looked to be in good condition for $125 a year or 2 ago. I was the 2nd one asking about it, the 1st already had it pending funds, of course that locked it up.

JB-Glock21

Old School
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Denham Springs
    S&W 65-5 3 inch - Sold it back in 2013 :doh:
    S&W 65-5 3 inch.jpg

Gofish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    Early 80's new S&W 686-6" which I think cost around $300. Pawned it to buy Humminbird fish finder for my boat. Fish finder trash now, 686 prolly worth $700-800 maybe. Stupidest thing I've regretted.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I sort of regret most every firearm I sold over the years. Like 37 years worth. My first was a Marlin 44 mag lever rifle i purchased new at West Gibsons in Laplace for $135 with taxes, now worth 5 or 6 hundred $ I'm sure. Or the Browning 308 lever action I sold to a guy I worked with when his house trailer burned to the ground. Gave him a great deal, the rifle was perfect condition. Beautiful deep bluing finish they just don't do any more. Bought and sold a LOT of pistols over the years, but the three Colt Pythons I purchased new when I had my FFL in the early 1990s, and later sold. Damn, I wish I still had those! And quite a few S&W 44 mag revolvers too, in SS mostly.

Don't regret the Radical Firearms 50 Beo upper I owned and sold. Piece of chit. Radical Firearms is trash imo.

alexla4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2022
    Louisiana
    Great replies. I also let go of a marlin 39(not a pistol obviously) in early 90’s to buy van halen tickets. Stood in line for 4 hours then got the word they were sold out. That one still makes me sick.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    This is a strange answer, but I regret selling a Taurus 689 with 6" barrel. It was the first revolver I bought and I traded it toward my first FAL (THERE is an addiction of it's own). I also regret selling the pristine ChiCom SKS spiker I owned. It was without a single blemish. Paid about $200 for it in 2010.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    S&W Model 29, nickle plated in presentation case. Won it in a pistol match (High overall). And a Colt Python 6 inch that I used in competition. Can't figure how I let that go, but it went to a Brother Officer, and he is taking great care of it.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    My 458SOCOM AR Pistol. (10.5" barrel). Luckily I sold it to a friend and when money allows he letting me get it back.

Top Bottom