Bill Cassidy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roystu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Slidell area
    I called our Senior Senator and asked him his stance on the new Assault Weapons Bill. He told me that he will make an informed decision on if he will or won't vote for this bill. I told him if he did, he can count on me to never put a vote for him. I will do my best to get him out of office. If you are like me and cherish your 2A rights, call him and let him know. His Washington office number is 202 2245824. Please make this call!!!

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I called our Senior Senator and asked him his stance on the new Assault Weapons Bill. He told me that he will make an informed decision on if he will or won't vote for this bill. I told him if he did, he can count on me to never put a vote for him. I will do my best to get him out of office. If you are like me and cherish your 2A rights, call him and let him know. His Washington office number is 202 2245824. Please make this call!!!
    That response essentially means he will. I would not be suprised if 4 or more "Republicans" vote for this

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Any calls to these people is a waste of time. They are going to do what they are going to do, regardless of what we say or do. We have been sold out a long time ago and our "leaders" do not represent the will of the people. They do not care about you or your rights and they do not care if you vote for them because it doesn't matter anyway, 2020 showed that, if it wasn't already apparent, as well as our own previous election for governor.

Last edited:

TickleChain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2022
    Castle Doctrine
    Any calls to these people is a waste of time. They are going to do what they are going to do, regardless of what we say or do. We have been sold out a long time ago and our "leaders" do not represent the will of the people. They do not care about you or your rights and they do not care if you vote for them because it doesn't matter anyway, 2020 showed that, if it wasn't already apparent, as well as our own previous election for governor.
    After the 2020 election, I listened to/read many claims about "trust the plan", and various other statements related to it. Then came the January 2021 installation, err, inauguration. I gave it "90 days" (to April 20th) to see something positive, to see the claims come to fruition in SOME way. I said if nothing happened in 90 days I'd believe We were lied to.

I've forgotten some of the names but Lin Wood was one. The "trust the plan" crap kept on through 2021 and into this year. Still nothing. Now it's "Trump 2024".

We The People have been taken for a ride.

Yes, many, if not the majority, of those who are supposed to represent We The People are doing anything but that.

My question is "why?".
    Why are Americans taking positions in government then selling out the American People?
    Are they bought?
    Is it simply, "absolute power corrupts absolutely"?
    Or are there simply fewer and fewer Patriots in Our society that actually love America?

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    After the 2020 election, I listened to/read many claims about "trust the plan", and various other statements related to it. Then came the January 2021 installation, err, inauguration. I gave it "90 days" (to April 20th) to see something positive, to see the claims come to fruition in SOME way. I said if nothing happened in 90 days I'd believe We were lied to.

I've forgotten some of the names but Lin Wood was one. The "trust the plan" crap kept on through 2021 and into this year. Still nothing. Now it's "Trump 2024".

We The People have been taken for a ride.

Yes, many, if not the majority, of those who are supposed to represent We The People are doing anything but that.

My question is "why?".
    Why are Americans taking positions in government then selling out the American People?
    Are they bought?
    Is it simply, "absolute power corrupts absolutely"?
    Or are there simply fewer and fewer Patriots in Our society that actually love America?
    Lied to, we were and I suspect this to have been the case for many decades.

I am starting to believe that no one is allowed to obtain any real position of power unless they are, or become, part of the club. I also believe that in order for any outsider to gain access to said club, one must submit to some form of extreme blackmail, ie Epstein.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Cassidy is a RINO and former Democrat who has betrayed Conservatives a number of times. He has little integrity, and someone needs to run against him so we can get an actual Conservative in office. He betrayed us on Red Flag laws, the Infrastructure, not to mention being a TOTAL dud, with no passion or conviction for anything that represents Conservative values. Just another rich bigot and industry shill, a eunuch named Bill.

Call him, call him out, but vote for someone else. At least a Democrat is reliable, and they'll stab you in the face instead of the back.

Last edited:

tigerman248

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    Casper, WY
    This is the written response I got after asking where he stood and that most of his constituents oppose. He’s just another talking Monkey Like his pal Romney.

June 23, 2022
    Dear Mr. Walker:
    Thank you for writing in your concerns regarding the bipartisan agreement in the aftermath of Uvalde, Texas. This is a very important topic and I appreciate hearing from you.
    The group of bipartisan senators proposed commonsense legislation to protect America’s children, keep our schools safe, and reduce the threat of violence across our country. I joined these negotiations to ensure any agreement addressed illegal gun violence while upholding due process and protecting law-abiding Americans’ Second Amendment rights.
    The bipartisan agreement increases needed mental health resources, improves school safety and support for students, and helps ensure dangerous criminals and those who are adjudicated as mentally ill can’t purchase weapons. The plan provides resources to states and tribes to create and administer laws that help ensure deadly weapons are kept out of the hands of people a court has determined to be a significant danger to themselves or others, consistent with state and federal due process and constitutional protections. The agreement does not support a federal mandate of Red Flag laws, and I do not support Red Flag laws that do not uphold strict due process. The legislation will allow states to decide whether or not to impose Red Flag Laws. The agreement ensures that if a state chooses to implement those laws, the state would need to preserve due process.
    As a physician, I feel it is necessary to focus on expanding mental health resources for all Americans. For this reason, the bipartisan agreement provides funding for school-based mental health and supportive services, expands community mental health and suicide prevention programs, and invests in programs that increase access to telehealth services in youth and families in crisis.
    I appreciate your perspective on this issue, and will certainly keep it in mind as Congress considers this bipartisan proposal. Your comments are helpful as I continue to seek a balance between protecting American citizens’ Second Amendment rights and promoting the best interests for the people of Louisiana.
    I will continue to represent the views of my state and do so through hearing from constituents like you. Please continue to reach out, either by phone or by email, when you have another question or concern. You can reach my office in Washington DC at 202-224-5824 or submit an email at https://www.cassidy.senate.gov/contact.
    Sincerely,
    BC%20Signature.png

Senator Bill Cassidy, M.D.
    #ICEBAe033388a1f56455abaf61bc0ec04bd58CDCCRM

TickleChain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2022
    Castle Doctrine
    Everything meaningful is in the fine details....
    Absolutely.

While I don't expect everyone/anyone to capitalize the C in Citizens or the R in Rights (do note how I cap in my posts), when one person takes the time and puts forth the effort to do so with the RFL but not the CR, they're telling on themselves while assuming We The People are too stupid to pick up on it.

Top Bottom