Black Rifle Coffee Company

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • number1roadie19

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    Welcome Pilot. Nor did I. I was just commenting on the excellent customer service. Id rather buy local, (Community or French market) but I'm sure they have some skeletons in their closet also. If I went off who a company supports for everything I would probably have to live off grid and do everything like a caveman. I value customer service and that's all this was really about. I do appreciate the info and consider myself more informed but a lot of companies do a lot of bad stuff, it doesn't stop me from buying their merchandise. Just my honest opinion.

yamaha0343

Glock > XD
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lafayette
    The only BRCC roast I liked was Silencer Smooth, but honestly I find it to be too expensive for the quality you're actually getting.

I do like Drag Up Coffee, started by an oilfield guy that got laid off in the downturn and went into the coffee biz.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I’ll just leave this here
    Just playing devil's advocate here, but those are the employer's, not the actual donors, listed. Were the donor's listed as the principals to the company or was it just workers donating? And, yes, I do realize that employees donating to certain causes reflects on the business, but if its just some millennial coffee baggers donating, that's not such a big story. Of course, if the implication is that the company is funneling cash to causes thru employees, then that is another story as well... All just speculation on my part.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The images above are intentionally cropped to be misleading.

What you are seeing are EMPLOYEES of BRCC donating to ActBlue, not the company donating money directly.

You can go to the Federal Elections website to see who is donating to who and more importantly, who the money is earmarked for.

yamaha0343

Glock > XD
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lafayette

What you are seeing are EMPLOYEES of BRCC donating to ActBlue, not the company donating money directly.

You can go to the Federal Elections website to see who is donating to who and more importantly, who the money is earmarked for.
    The vast majority of the Actblue donations are in the $5 range. :chuckles:

Evan Hafer made several large donations to Republican candidates and causes.

I'm going to take my words back and order a pack of Silencer Smooth.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Just playing devil's advocate here, but those are the employer's, not the actual donors, listed. Were the donor's listed as the principals to the company or was it just workers donating? And, yes, I do realize that employees donating to certain causes reflects on the business, but if its just some millennial coffee baggers donating, that's not such a big story. Of course, if the implication is that the company is funneling cash to causes thru employees, then that is another story as well... All just speculation on my part.
    Well, you got in right as I was typing this.

The correct answer is that it is the employees of BRCC donating their own money to that org. Also, if you look at the results, it's not much money at all...$5 here, $10 there. Its likely that it's just very junior employees who bought a hat, a sticker, or something like that from a candidate.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Well, you got in right as I was typing this.

The correct answer is that it is the employees of BRCC donating their own money to that org. Also, if you look at the results, it's not much money at all...$5 here, $10 there. Its likely that it's just very junior employees who bought a hat, a sticker, or something like that from a candidate.
    I was not trying to be misleading with my post. I was going for an apples/apples comparison to the Meplat screen shot. If people here want to boycott brcc because their employees donated then they need to add more to that boycott list.

I'm not in the camp of boycotting companies because of their beliefs or political views.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I was not trying to be misleading with my post. I was going for an apples/apples comparison to the Meplat screen shot. If people here want to boycott brcc because their employees donated then they need to add more to that boycott list.

I'm not in the camp of boycotting companies because of their beliefs or political views.

No worries

It's unfortunate how things like this spread. I personally don't regularly drink BRCC as I prefer very fresh roasted coffee from botique roasters, but I do like the mission (and the swag!) from BRCC. Evan (BRCC founder), from what I can tell, is a solid dude who is as American and 2A as you can get.

southerner985

sheepdog
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Norco

Employees are donating under a company they don’t own??

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I'm not exactly sure how it works with political donations. It could be they ask who their employer is and you can answer or not.
    d4c540c773e1e97c61e68ba6099409fe.jpg

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Whenever you make a political donation it asks you where you work.

They aren't "donating under a company." They work for a company and use some of their personal money to support a candidate.

This isn't anything new and isn't a big deal. It's just someone trying to troll on the internet and a lot of folks believed it.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    They most likely ask who your employer is BC many employers will match a donation, or a portion of it. Company matching. It is nothing nefarious, they are simply seeking possible employer donation matching. Mo money.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    They most likely ask who your employer is BC many employers will match a donation, or a portion of it. Company matching. It is nothing nefarious, they are simply seeking possible employer donation matching. Mo money.
    Good point.. I remember this when I worked as an employee. It didn't mean the company supported whoever you donated to.. Just they would match any donation you make up to a certain amount.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    When politics are brought up with this company, i think about just like Springfield Armory. How many employees does the Black Rifle Coffee Company have? Of those employees, how many do hurt your 2a feelings? With that said, the rest of the employees don't deserve to be impacted by how a hand full of people acted. As for the coffee, I put milks, cream and sugar so I doubt i'd notice a difference from our regular Community Coffee we drink at home and at work.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    When politics are brought up with this company, i think about just like Springfield Armory. How many employees does the Black Rifle Coffee Company have? Of those employees, how many do hurt your 2a feelings? With that said, the rest of the employees don't deserve to be impacted by how a hand full of people acted. As for the coffee, I put milks, cream and sugar so I doubt i'd notice a difference from our regular Community Coffee we drink at home and at work.
    If you're getting coffee that is already ground in the bag, you absolutely are not going to tell the difference. You might notice that it's a different roast than what you normally drink and a few different notes due to differences in grinding, but in general pre-ground coffee is very stale by the time you open it.

Now if you're grinding your beans fresh you will probably notice a difference between the two. Not to say one is better than the other, but there will be a difference.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    If you're getting coffee that is already ground in the bag, you absolutely are not going to tell the difference. You might notice that it's a different roast than what you normally drink and a few different notes due to differences in grinding, but in general pre-ground coffee is very stale by the time you open it.

Now if you're grinding your beans fresh you will probably notice a difference between the two. Not to say one is better than the other, but there will be a difference.
    I think what you're trying to say is that true blue 'Merican coffee tastes WAY better than pinko commie coffee! (Fixed it for ya) :dogkeke:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I think what you're trying to say is that true blue 'Merican coffee tastes WAY better than pinko commie coffee! (Fixed it for ya) :dogkeke:
    LOL

BRCC is good. There are better and cheaper options that can be shipped to your door and are roasted the day they are shipped.

Top Bottom