Blazer Brass ammo $16.99 a box

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’d say that’s an outstanding price and a sign of hope for a return to some sensible ammo prices.
    Looks like $182 shipped.

Last edited:

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    $184.10 shipped if you add the shipping insurance. Certainly trending in the right direction!

Magdump;[URL="tel:1771468" said:
    1771468[/URL]]I’d say that’s an outstanding price and a sign of hope for a return to some sensible ammo prices.
    Looks like $182 shipped.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I just wish it was anything but blazer brass. In my experience blazer brass and federal champion are two of the worst lines when it comes to pistol calibers. I’d much prefer federal American Eagle or Winchester white box. Definitely still a good sign though. Kind of crazy seeing academy sell boxes of fmj for as high as $21.99 a box. I’d like to think that eventually people will quit buying it at that price but every time I stop in people are grabbing as many as they can.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    For anyone interested you can use ammoseek.com or ammobuy.com as search engines to find ammo in stock starting from the cheapest on up. Seems like 223/5.56 is much cheaper online now than it is in big box stores by about .20 per round. The cheaper 9mm is also around if you look.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I just wish it was anything but blazer brass. In my experience blazer brass and federal champion are two of the worst lines when it comes to pistol calibers. I’d much prefer federal American Eagle or Winchester white box. Definitely still a good sign though. Kind of crazy seeing academy sell boxes of fmj for as high as $21.99 a box. I’d like to think that eventually people will quit buying it at that price but every time I stop in people are grabbing as many as they can.
    I’ve actually heard a few people say that WWB is awful. I’ve not had any real issues with any of those listed, but I’ve noticed Blazer Brass and Fed American Eagle are quite fouling in the calibers I shoot. That’s only an issue when I go through 300-500 rounds at a session, but I’m gonna clean the gun anyway. As far as brass pistol ammo goes, the only round I’ve ever had real problems with was Sellier and Bellot 9mm that has an overly beveled rim and Fiocchi 300 AAC, which pops primers on a regular basis in AR’s. Not good.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I’ve actually heard a few people say that WWB is awful. I’ve not had any real issues with any of those listed, but I’ve noticed Blazer Brass and Fed American Eagle are quite fouling in the calibers I shoot. That’s only an issue when I go through 300-500 rounds at a session, but I’m gonna clean the gun anyway. As far as brass pistol ammo goes, the only round I’ve ever had real problems with was Sellier and Bellot 9mm that has an overly beveled rim and Fiocchi 300 AAC, which pops primers on a regular basis in AR’s. Not good.

I find Winchester in general to be terrible quality all around right now. Honestly most new production ammo seems that way right now but I find Winchester to be the worst currently. It seems like they are just pumping it out as fast as they can with little regard to QQ. The last few times I went to buy some I popped the boxes open to take a look and found bullets and primers not seated straight and extremely dirty brass. The only stuff I’ve found not to be as bad is the lake city over run product. Makes me think Winchester is focusing all of its attention to lake city and not so much the consumer market. I’m still holding out hope they will get it together because of the success I’ve had in the past with it but definitely won’t be buying any until I see some QQ changes.

I haven’t shot much S&B but the few hundred rounds I have in 9mm and .45 seemed to have hard primers. On average 1-2 rounds per 50 round box that didn’t go boom but had decent primer strikes and then fired the second time trying.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I find Winchester in general to be terrible quality all around right now. Honestly most new production ammo seems that way right now but I find Winchester to be the worst currently. It seems like they are just pumping it out as fast as they can with little regard to QQ. The last few times I went to buy some I popped the boxes open to take a look and found bullets and primers not seated straight and extremely dirty brass. The only stuff I’ve found not to be as bad is the lake city over run product. Makes me think Winchester is focusing all of its attention to lake city and not so much the consumer market. I’m still holding out hope they will get it together because of the success I’ve had in the past with it but definitely won’t be buying any until I see some QQ changes.

I haven’t shot much S&B but the few hundred rounds I have in 9mm and .45 seemed to have hard primers. On average 1-2 rounds per 50 round box that didn’t go boom but had decent primer strikes and then fired the second time trying.
    Ah, gotcha. I haven’t bought any ammo in a couple years so I guess I’m out of touch. Just rotating through stores. I agree with Federal Lake City XM855 ammo in the last decade. It always looks awful. I’m thinking the way they store it while awaiting boxing or possibly a lot of handling for whatever reason, but it looks like they pick up battlefield brass and just load it straight off the ground….sand included!

The LC head stamped stuff I bought in the 80’s cost me a whopping 12 -16 cents per round and looks way better

Last edited:

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I actually love the Blazer ammo, never any issues for me, aluminum or brass. The last few years the Brass has been cheaper than the aluminum.

I switched to the Federal aluminum when Walmart was selling it for $8.50 a box. Even Cabellas had it for $8.99 a box after the Plandemic started in 20.

The only thing I have ever had issues with consistently is steel cased ammo.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I also love Blazer ammo. Brass and aluminum. Never had any issues with it in any caliber. My Smith & Wesson 3rd Gens all love the stuff. I did look through my old orders though and discovered that I bought this exact stuff about two years and paid $197 shipped for A THOUSAND rounds. So this particular ammo has doubled in price in two years…

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    Pretty much has all of it. For the range ammo, I rarely spent more than $10 a box, usually it was $16-$18 for 100 round boxes. I was still able to get 22 at Walmart for those old prices for quite a while. The last time I got some there even they had a limit on the quantities.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom