Bluegill/Perch locations in NOLA area?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Im looking for a good spot to take my 6 year old to catch and release some bluegill. Im hoping to find somewhere in the Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard, St. Charles area. I have tried City Park and Lafreneire with no luck. Anyone have any suggestions? Thx.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    what are you useing for bait? Live worms is the best. There are several state parks on the Northshore I take my little girl to Boga Falya park the river runs right behind the kidde play area and she catches bream till I can't stand it anymore, or we run out of worms.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I haven't had any luck at Lafreniere either.
    I used to fish in Joe Brown. There were some big fish in there. No one has fished it since the storm. There are a few spots where the pond is accessable (try off Lake Forest) and you might do well.
    We used to also go to Chalmette and fish by one of the marinas on Judge Perez. Last time we caught a few specs, a rockfish, and a giant eel. I've fished under the 'green bridge' also and caught croaker, etc.
    You can try off hwy 11 in Slidell or the rigolets. I've done ok bank fishing at both places. The biggest red I ever caught was in the rigolets.
    The Bonne Carre Spillway is another good place to try. Bring a few crab nets also.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    I came across a bed of them fishing a little inlet off the Tchefuncte river back in April. It was on the Fairview-Riverside State Park in Madisonville. It was luck really. It was Easter weekend, I was fishing with blue & white jig on a bettle spin and just found a bed of them. Probably pulled 25 or so from one hole. I gave half to an old black woman fishing that morning and came back the next morning and caught more to bring home. If you go there, you have to go to the old house and walk west toward the river. On the north side you'll see small canal. Just start working it up and down. Specifically I pulled all my fish out from a small inlet that ran north.

Just look at the map here and the red dots are where I caught a small mess of brim. I'm sure the pond and the canal to the south are holding fish too but given the hot weather the north canal has more shade which will be more attractive to fish.

sppabw78cbla4ts1r3vs.jpg

Good luck!

Top Bottom