Boat trim help!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • manny76900

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Laplace
    I need some help!!!
    I have a 2014 Yamaha 90 four stroke outboard engine that won’t trim down. I switch the blue and green wires on the relay and it went down when I hit the up button. Did some research and figured out it would of been a bad relay. Put a new one on and still the same problem. All my wires look to be okay. No bad connections or loose wires. Don’t know what else it could be. I don’t think the trim motor would be bad since it goes up and down when I switch the wires around. Doesn’t sound like a weak motor either. Kinda lost on what it could be now. TIA for any help.

shotgunjim

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 20, 2016
    Baton Rouge
    has one relay for up and one for down. when in doubt replace both. they are cheap on ebay and not too hard to change

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I need some help!!!
    I have a 2014 Yamaha 90 four stroke outboard engine that won’t trim down. I switch the blue and green wires on the relay and it went down when I hit the up button. Did some research and figured out it would of been a bad relay. Put a new one on and still the same problem. All my wires look to be okay. No bad connections or loose wires. Don’t know what else it could be. I don’t think the trim motor would be bad since it goes up and down when I switch the wires around. Doesn’t sound like a weak motor either. Kinda lost on what it could be now. TIA for any help.
    Do you get 12v at the relay on the down wire when hitting the down button (from the switch)?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom