Body armor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HLM

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jun 15, 2021
    Hammond la
    What type of gear are you folks running? Im pretty new to the body armor scene. What do you guys recommend? Im looking for something that could stop 5.56 and 7.62x39. But theres so many conflicting sources and influencers on the topic.
    IMG_9059.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    What type of gear are you folks running? Im pretty new to the body armor scene. What do you guys recommend? Im looking for something that could stop 5.56 and 7.62x39. But theres so many conflicting sources and influencers on the topic. View attachment 111969

When/where will you be wearing the armor? What types of threats do you expect to face? Is sharp object resistance a consideration?

HLM

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jun 15, 2021
    Hammond la
    I work and drive in some shitty areas. Not worried about knife threats. But definitely bullets. Want something to keep in the vehicle.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Level 4 ceramic for the win.

WLoPjyj.jpeg

We have some Hesco plates in stock at Gretna Gun Works if you guys are after a set. Ill give a discount for BS members. We have the 210s and the 3810s....the 210 are special threat rated plates that protects against 7.62x39 and 5.56. We can also get Defense Mechanisms (see photo above) carriers as we are a dealer.

We also have a ceramic plate that we shot on the range with a 300 RUM if yall are interested in seeing what happens to a plate after being shot.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Lvl4 ceramics if you have the money. If you just need something and funds are limited, nothing under LvL3+.
    Agreed unless you plan on going up against 30-06 armor piercing , level 3+ Would be good … I’d assume the majority you would be up against would be 223/556 and 762x39 on the high end.. ceramic plates have come along way but still have a shorter shelf life and arnt to good at getting banged around, just another thought

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom