Bodycam Video of Assault and Abduction of Officer That Led to Officers Fatally Shooting The Suspect

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m not a cop, but if I was and I was in a struggle like this, I’d like my buds to either not shoot at me or come get close and personal if you feel like you just have to take a shot. I can’t imagine a world where this is acceptable. A mag dump from a handgun at 60-80 feet is just not acceptable in this situation. I’m super glad for the outcome, but you can’t rely on dumb luck when you’re shooting at people.
    I’ve seen people do a lot of stupid 5hit in the heat of the moment. This is top shelf stupid. I know the cop could not adequately see what he was shooting at. A vest is no guarantee of survival. Probably the most exposed part of that cop was his head. Bullets also have a tendency to pass through people. Thank goodness for the second cop that showed good sense and drug the bad guy off his buddy before shooting. Tell me I’m wrong. I’ll be glad to listen to all your reasons.

Last edited:

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    My teeth started itching as soon as he started, then stopped, handcuffing the guy, and that first segment from the store camera that showed how he turned his head away to talk into the shoulder mic, I wanted to thump him in the back of his head through the screen. I just watched it with some guys on shift, and I'll just say that there were incredulous reactions all around. Despite wanting, with the clear view of hindsight, to pick at the officer's decisions, hesitations, and distractions, I'll give him props for hanging on to the weapon throughout, the perp never gained control. I think that officer that dragged the perp out and added three could have a hard go of it, the guy seemed kind of limp already when he was pulled out, probably having absorbed a few from the other guy's magazine. There was just a lot of "WOW" in that video.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Wow, shooting their fellow officer and the finishing shots when they pulled the perp off...wow! That is some horribly sloppy policing. The officer will get a great tax-payer settlement and early retirement though. I'm glad more people weren't injured, and glad the perp is dead.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Three shots to the head on the ground. Thank goodness he wasn't...well or there would be city's burning down. Where were the bullet strikes in the unit from the mag dump? I'm happy with the outcome. Scumbag got exactly what he deserved.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Wow……. It’s easy to play Monday morning quarterback but man there was a lot of wtf moments in that video.

I’m still baffled at the responding officer dumping his pistol at the perp as he was tangling with the original responding officer. No way that guy knew his fellow officer was In That car also. At least I hope not. Glad it ended well but man that was crazy to watch.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Three shots to the head on the ground. Thank goodness he wasn't...well or there would be city's burning down. Where were the bullet strikes in the unit from the mag dump? I'm happy with the outcome. Scumbag got exactly what he deserved.
    Thank goodness the colors match between the deceased and the deceaser....so true. I'm not mad about the outcome, though I'd probably be a really PO'd supervisor and friendly-fire receiver. lol

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Another one

The second officer should have made her holster that smoke wagon, lucky they didn’t catch a hit one from her while handcuffing. It’s easy to see the problem with that scenario as soon as she started giving commands. She was already scared before the male officer went hands on.

Top Bottom