Bomb underneath guard desk for two weeks

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The date of the article is yesterday, but it's about events from 19 months ago. I don't understand the motive for writing it now.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    If the building is a federal building, housing offices of the FBI, etc., why does there need to be a private security company providing security?

There are enough 3 letter federal agencies that have law enforcement powers that could spare some bodies to sit on the desk and do security.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    If the building is a federal building, housing offices of the FBI, etc., why does there need to be a private security company providing security?

There are enough 3 letter federal agencies that have law enforcement powers that could spare some bodies to sit on the desk and do security.

I would imagine an FBI employee = $$$,$$$ A private security gaurd = $$,$$$ on the low end.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I would imagine an FBI employee = $$$,$$$ A private security gaurd = $$,$$$ on the low end.

I understand that, but I was saying rotate some folks already earning $$$,$$$ and have them sit there as part of their duties.

And drop the expense of hiring a private company.

Last edited:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    funny comments,
    Recently overheard at a jihadist meeting:

"Okay men, listen up. While the infidel is busy screening children and old women in wheelchairs, all we have to do is leave bombs on the doorsteps of Federal Buildings. Leave them in plain sight. They'll even bring them in the building for us."

G

gunguy11

So you would pay a physician to to a nurses job?

He is saying if you rotate some people that make $$$,$$$ already your expense may rise to $,$$$,$$$.
    Vs. paying
    $$$,$$$ + $$,$$$ = $$,$$$,$$$

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)

Brother, they do the same right there in NOLA. At the ICE/DHS Building "joe bob" security handles the check ins. I was surprised to see only 1 of them armed (male) and the females had a baton and pepper spray .........

I was feeling SUPER safe since I couldnt even have a tactical pen on me

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    He is saying if you rotate some people that make $$$,$$$ already your expense may rise to $,$$$,$$$.
    Vs. paying
    $$$,$$$ + $$,$$$ = $$,$$$,$$$

Let educated officers do their job. And uneducated security guards do their job. To have a high five low six figure agent doing security makes no sense. Not to mention destroys morale.

G

gunguy11

What is to say security guards are not educated? My buddy is a security guard and half way through grad school. It has paid his bills and gives him plenty of time to study.
    Also if a man up high feels he doesn't have to do the "grunt work or lower end duties" then he is no good man.
    I'm a top paid welder and we have helpers. But I still pick up a broom and grind when it is not my job. It
    Doesn't bring down morale it builds character and a stronger will.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    What is to say security guards are not educated? My buddy is a security guard and half way through grad school. It has paid his bills and gives him plenty of time to study.
    Also if a man up high feels he doesn't have to do the "grunt work or lower end duties" then he is no good man.
    I'm a top paid welder and we have helpers. But I still pick up a broom and grind when it is not my job. It

Your opinion. Most of us start at the bottom but seldom return to it once trained and proficient at our profession. IMHO a waste of expensive manpower.

G

gunguy11

I started at the bottom lol. It is my dads fabrication company. I started weed eeding the entire property all summer when I was 13years old and have now moved up.
    I do what it takes to do the job and do it right.
    If someone that makes $15 and hours to watch cameras or grind nozzles then I am just as capable of doing it at $30.
    Just the way I was brought up though.
    Also wouldn't you feel better if "trained and educated" people were the one guarding important officials and other ranked personnel? What is to say that higher paid people wouldn't do better jobs because they know how?

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I started at the bottom lol. It is my dads fabrication company. I started weed eeding the entire property all summer when I was 13years old and have now moved up.
    I do what it takes to do the job and do it right.
    If someone that makes $15 and hours to watch cameras or grind nozzles then I am just as capable of doing it at $30.
    Just the way I was brought up though.
    Also wouldn't you feel better if "trained and educated" people were the one guarding important officials and other ranked personnel? What is to say that higher paid people wouldn't do better jobs because they know how?

What is to say people trained to be FBI agents would be better security guards? Why not ensure security guards are properly trained to do their job so FBI agents can do theirs. As a businessman I will not pay a $60/hr. worker to do a $30/hr job. Or a $30/hr to do a $10/hr. job. Financially it makes no sense. Oh Snap! I forgot. We are talking about the government. Then it makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I'm sure that the building your buddy works at probably has higher paid employees sitting inside reading email and making coffee.... Should they fire your buddy and make them watch the door?

G

gunguy11

No but we're talking about a building that already has trained and competent people that can provide security.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom