Brace Rule Tax Forebearance Approval

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Well, I received the Brace Rule free Form-1 approval today. No Stamp. Conditional approval based on the "Rule".
    Submitted 1-15-2023 and approved 3-2-2023 with digital prints.

I am posting this at the risk of being called limp wristed, or a compliance Connie. Sorry if anyone is with someone named Connie, no disrespect.

I am not a fan of the ruling and do think it will be thrown out. I'm not caving to the "man" and I don't care what anyone thinks to start with. I would never have purchased a braced firearm but it was the only way the one I wanted was available. I would have removed the brace anyway. I was going to pay the $200 and file the form-1 on this particular firearm. So I decided to get involved with this little experiment with the "free stamp".

I did write to "ask the experts" to get their take on the conditional approval meaning. Like if the rule gets thrown out, does my approval go away or will I owe $200 at that point? I will follow up if they reply to my email. But I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I would have considered going for a freebie, but I have 8 other nfa items with a trust and 2 responsible people… trust are not allowed for the free stamp and wouldn’t make sense for me to have 8 nfa trust times and 1 free individual…. Lol, so I’m banking in this getting thrown out… but either way congrats hope it all pans out for all pro 2a peeps

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Shall not be infringed

Attachments

• 0DE52279-66E1-40A5-BCD4-C8A4F27D96FA.jpeg
      0DE52279-66E1-40A5-BCD4-C8A4F27D96FA.jpeg
      558 KB · Views: 132

Savedbygrace

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2023
    New Orleans Louisiana
    Well, I received the Brace Rule free Form-1 approval today. No Stamp. Conditional approval based on the "Rule".

I am posting this at the risk of being called limp wristed, or a compliance Connie. Sorry if anyone is with someone named Connie, no disrespect.

I am not a fan of the ruling and do think it will be thrown out. I'm not caving to the "man" and I don't care what anyone thinks to start with. I would never have purchased a braced firearm but it was the only way the one I wanted was available. I would have removed the brace anyway. I was going to pay the $200 and file the form-1 on this particular firearm. So I decided to get involved with this little experiment with the "free stamp".

I did write to "ask the experts" to get their take on the conditional approval meaning. Like if the rule gets thrown out, does my approval go away or will I owe $200 at that point? I will follow up if they reply to my email. But I'm not holding my breath on that one.
    Glad to hear a concrete first person experience on this matter

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La

So, what does conditional approval mean? I am aware of the brace issues but haven't kept up with it as well as I probably should have. A little more than a month turnaround on an approval is damn good. I wish they would do all of them that way, especially if you have had other NFA items approved in recent history.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Some reason you said that to me?

Probably because he feels your actions are sheeplike. I think I’d agree with him personally but I’m not here to bash anyone’s personal decisions. You knew this post would stir up some emotions from folks when you posted it. Don’t let the negative ones get to you. It’s the internet, not everyone is going to agree with you. This is a pro 2A gun forum. I think it’s safe to say the decision you made isn’t a popular one amongst gun owners. I’m sure some people appreciate what you posted and can learn from it.

Savedbygrace

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2023
    New Orleans Louisiana
    Probably because he feels your actions are sheeplike. I think I’d agree with him personally but I’m not here to bash anyone’s personal decisions. You knew this post would stir up some emotions from folks when you posted it. Don’t let the negative ones get to you. It’s the internet, not everyone is going to agree with you. This is a pro 2A gun forum. I think it’s safe to say the decision you made isn’t a popular one amongst gun owners. I’m sure some people appreciate what you posted and can learn from it.
    I did not post anything. I commented on someone else’s post.

Savedbygrace

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2023
    New Orleans Louisiana
    I am just about as pro gun as anyone could be I was just stating a fact that it was nice that someone actually back their statement up with something they received themselves and not heard from someone else. I wish people like you would learn to mind your business, and we would not be having discussions like this in the first place,

Savedbygrace

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2023
    New Orleans Louisiana
    And why would you answer for someone else’s comment anyway? Since you are all men let him answer for himself

Savedbygrace

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2023
    New Orleans Louisiana
    And again how about you mind your business and watch your mouth unless you would like to come tell me to my face I am sheeplike ? Really has me aggravated that you would involve yourself in something that has nothing to do with you in the first place

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    And why would you answer for someone else’s comment anyway? Since you are all men let him answer for himself
    My man why are you so upset? I don’t think anyone directed any comments towards you directly. Just like you did when you just commented to yourself I made a mistake as well and thought you were the OP. I’m sorry I upset you so much evidently that you had to reply 5 times in under 10 minutes. Like you said we’re all grown men here right? Don’t act like a little boy and let words on the internet upset you.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom