BRFD Arson Chief shoots naked man.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Bad Move when he left the safety of the barber shop and shot an unarmed man when he did not fear for his life or receiving great bodily harm. I agree with you Old School.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    I would say it depends on how close he was to getting to the weapons inside and any verbal threats he was making .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I would say it depends on how close he was to getting to the weapons inside and any verbal threats he was making .

The unarmed naked man was not a threat to the shooter who was safe in the barber shop. Use the telephone to call LEO.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I’m not going to get into specifics but the arson investigator has arrest powers and is POST certified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I’m not going to get into specifics but the arson investigator has arrest powers and is POST certified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    True, but even when POST Certified you need a valid reason to shoot someone twice.

Last edited:

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    The unarmed naked man was not a threat to the shooter who was safe in the barber shop. Use the telephone to call LEO.
    How many people do you know who would not go out and stop a naked man from breaking into their veh., Especially if there were guns in it . It could be argued a naked man breaking into any vehicle is a danger to society .

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    How many people do you know who would not go out and stop a naked man from breaking into their veh., Especially if there were guns in it . It could be argued a naked man breaking into any vehicle is a danger to society .

Well lets see. Really non of the people I know would use deadly force to stop a naked man from breaking in their vehicle. (of course I read all over FB about people claiming the would blow the SOB away) Non of my friends keep guns in their vehicle unsecured. And I've told most of my friends about the deadly force law here in La. He could open my tool box and get all kind of stuff that would be a danger to society.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    The investigator had weapons in the unit and it can easily be argued the naked man once he gained access or continued to gain access was then a risk.
    I feel being he is POST and a regular in that circle, he will not be charged.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The investigator had weapons in the unit and it can easily be argued the naked man once he gained access or continued to gain access was then a risk.
    Being POST Certified does not give you the right to leave the safety of a building and shoot an unarmed man twice that is not a threat to anyone.

LRS 14:18, 14:19, 14:20, 14:21, 14:22, 14:32 should cover the necessary legal information needed related to the use of deadly force in Louisiana.

Last edited:

DarcMac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    I don't know... sounds like there is some big piece of information missing to this story. This was a POST certified shooter, so I have to wonder if there is just more to it. I can't imagine he was in mortal fear of the naked guy. Maybe something more will come out later.

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    Having weapons locked in your vehicle is not having them secure. anyone has access to then at that point.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The investigator told police he shot the man because there were weapons in his vehicle and he did not want the man to steal them.
    Real bad decision on his part to say this. It’s exactly why you never talk to police. Not until you’ve cleared everything through your attorney.
    Except for the fact that he’s a city official of sorts, this would be the nail in the coffin. If he were just some guy he would likely have been arrested (or about to be) and definitely looking at the possibility of doing time plus being sued into poverty, regardless of whether or not he was legally allowed to carry a concealed weapon.
    As it stands he will likely not do any time unless the city decides to riot and the stars are in perfect alignment. There is the possibility of a lawsuit, but it will be against the city and not the individual, as I’m pretty sure he will be protected by qualified immunity.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Ok, just gonna point out the obvious here. Naked man. Clearly not concealing any weapons. Attempting to break into. Not already into. No gun in his hand…. No report of exactly how it went down, but it sounds like the chief just walked out and double tapped the jaybird. Attempting? Did he break a window and have his hands in the vehicle? Or was he pulling the door handle while peering inside? Hmmm…not so easy to argue that anyone was in danger there, but I agree that he won’t likely be charged. Had the chief given commands and Jaybird ignored them and got into the unit and actually grabbed a gun (I’m assuming the gun(s) were/was loaded) then it would be easy to argue, but no.
    Even if the Jaybird had simply raised an object at the chief or attempted to rush him there would be room to justify the shoot, but no.
    We shall see

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    More to this story. Naked man was in the vehicle and had a rifle from inside the vehicle.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom