"Bring Your Gun To Work Law" - Here's One Plant's Response

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I start work at a plant on the 18th, one of the first questions I will ask HR is about this law. This new job has a 500 acre hunting lease (selling point during the interview) for employees across the road from the plant so surely they know their employees have guns in their vehicles.

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I was wondering what the trailer was for at the Exxon parkin' lot. I laugh at the "no weapons" policy. I drove in Exxon for years with a 3' piece of rebar in the bed. If they only know what I did with that innocent piece of steel. Never have stabbed or shot nobody. A good Louisville Slugger ,4' piece if 2" pipe, or 36" Stillson makes a fine "weapon".
    I find it funny that the renta cops search all the contractor vehicles going in the plant, but simply wave the psycho employees through. lol

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Oh that's just great. :rolleyes:
    <SNIP>
    Gun safe in car, bolted to the frame locked is the safest in my book & the only way that I feel comfortable.

I'd have to agree with this. I think that any company that is legitimately concerned about accidental discharges on their property would want to go with this as a requirement. Most accidental discharges occur when loading/unloading or re-holstering. The safest thing, from a company standpoint, would be to require that you drop the gun into a lockbox in your own car; there would be less chance of an incident.

It seems to me that any company going beyond that - asking for you to register the gun, place it in a separate area from the car, etc. - is really trying to intimidate its employees into not carrying. These companies are, IMHO, acting in bad faith while seeming to act in good faith.

Top Bottom