Bubbas Restaurant in Walker News.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    We pretty much gave up on Bubba's, haven't eaten there in at least a year. Hasn't been the same since Bubba sold it a few years ago. Bubba had been there since I was a teenager and built quite the reputation for having excellent food. It's a shame because that was our go to for eating out, just 5 minutes down the road.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I just left the barber shop and I was told that Bubba's has taken new ownership again. Supposedly the new owners are much better and the food is excellent again. Now I'm gonna have to try it out.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Just last week somewhere saw a article about "Bubba"s" that stated in the real near future that would feature "Bubba"s" Resturant as being on "Americas Best Resturants"...... Filming to be in late November 2023....... Personally never ate the but have drove by many times...... ................ drill sgt.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    My wife spoke to someone that has family who works there. They said the ownership did not change again. So, now I'm wondering how they managed to get into this TV show with mediocre food.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    My wife spoke to someone that has family who works there. They said the ownership did not change again. So, now I'm wondering how they managed to get into this TV show with mediocre food.

I have eaten there several times in recent months and had no issues at all.

BrandonPle

Gunlover
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Watson
    Bubba's is now owned by the Strickland family.
    Mr. Strickland is the Louisiana Secretary of the Dept of Veterans Affairs. His daughters who had a successful food truck run the day to day stuff.
    Even though he was appointed by dumbbell Edwards they are a fantastic family.
    Mr Strickland has achieved a lot for veterans in Louisiana.
    Proud to support Bubba's !!

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Bubba's is now owned by the Strickland family.
    Mr. Strickland is the Louisiana Secretary of the Dept of Veterans Affairs. His daughters who had a successful food truck run the day to day stuff.
    Even though he was appointed by dumbbell Edwards they are a fantastic family.
    Mr Strickland has achieved a lot for veterans in Louisiana.
    Proud to support Bubba's !!
    Can you confirm that this is the owner who bought the place from Bubba?

BrandonPle

Gunlover
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Watson
    Can you confirm that this is the owner who bought the place from
    My pops was the Commander of the Military Order of Purple Hearts in Br . They worked together on the Veterans for JBE campaign years ago and became close friends.
    They're family friends, I was there plumber .

So yeah I can confirm

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    My pops was the Commander of the Military Order of Purple Hearts in Br . They worked together on the Veterans for JBE campaign years ago and became close friends.
    They're family friends, I was there plumber .

So yeah I can confirm
    So, they ruined the food, and they campaigned for one of the worst wastes of oxygen that goes by the name of John Edwards? Double wammy.

V.Taltos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2023
    North Louisiana Swamps
    They are hit and miss but never were on the same level as when Bubba was running it.
    I spent 12 years in the restaurant business and I can say that a restaurants success lies with their line cooks and, to a lesser degree, the chef/owner. If they have good recipes and are serious about following them, the restaurants food will remain good. But when the staff starts cutting corners and substituting things, people notice and reputations drop as do customers. I've been in that same boat several times. What sucks is that kitchen staff are the first to get cut when money begins to get tight and this just compounds the problem. Anyway, enough about the restaurant business. Maybe they'll get some competent kitchen staff, pay them well and the food will be good again.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I spent 12 years in the restaurant business and I can say that a restaurants success lies with their line cooks and, to a lesser degree, the chef/owner. If they have good recipes and are serious about following them, the restaurants food will remain good. But when the staff starts cutting corners and substituting things, people notice and reputations drop as do customers. I've been in that same boat several times. What sucks is that kitchen staff are the first to get cut when money begins to get tight and this just compounds the problem. Anyway, enough about the restaurant business. Maybe they'll get some competent kitchen staff, pay them well and the food will be good again.
    My wife knows the wife of one of the cooks that has worked there for years. He worked there before the new owners took over.
    This isn't just me saying this. I have heard the same complaint from multiple other people about the food quality going down after the place was sold.
    Now, to be fair, I can personally only speak about the food that I got from there, which 99% of the time was the patty melt combo with onion rings. Both the burger (and bread, the bread is a big part of a patty melt), and the onion rings went down dramatically in quality since new ownership.
    I have to imagine that not every other person, that shared their complaints with me, also normally got that same food, I'm sure they got other things off the menu that they also found to drop in quality.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom