Building a Rifle Display Stand

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Well, I just cleaned off my dresser, and it seriously needs something classy to sit on top. It's currently got my pimptastic 1950's porcelain Panther that's in rather good condition :D

ceramic_black_panther.jpg

I'm wanting to build a rifle display for a few of my "prettier" rifles - mainly my Henry Golden Boy.

Was thinking of something like this, but without the retarded photon rifle:

IMG_0289.JPG

Has anyone ever built one of these, or atleast have any tips or plans on making one? I've never done any sort of woodworking, so I'm going to need lots of help on this one.

Thanks guys!!

-Dave

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Thanks Kajun! Quick if ya want one we will be in your area June 20th - 22nd. Just saying ;)

I've got more time than money ;) Besides, we've still got a ton of our old woodworking equipment - and I need to start learning how to work with something other than metal :D

Any pictures or plans on them? I'm wanting to find a decent pattern to shoot for.

-Dave

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    I would suggest you start off with some REALLY cheap wood, the good stuff is EXPENSIVE! And you will end up with just as large a pile of burn scrap as you will a fine finish product.....

When it comes to wood working I find it MUCH cheaper to pay someone to do it vs throwning money into a burn pile.....

mike308

HandiChamp
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Pearl River
    I saw a four poster bedroom suite with the so called rice carvings made entirely out of wooden pallet material from Walmart. This man got all the pallets he could carry free from Walmart. Took them apart, ran the wood thru a planer, glued it together and then built all the furniture. Most pallets are poplar or oak. Some foreign pallets are teak. So maybe this could be a source of raw material.

For ideas you might look in the Cabales catalog.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Hey Grits, I think you and I could do something like this for a single display! I am working on a Memorial rifle right now and I should be receiving the wood stock and pistol grip in a few days.
    This display would fit the bill PERFECTLY!

I will be in contact SOON!

KT

IMG_0289.JPG

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    Hey Grits, I think you and I could do something like this for a single display! I am working on a Memorial rifle right now and I should be receiving the wood stock and pistol grip in a few days.
    This display would fit the bill PERFECTLY!

I will be in contact SOON!

KT

IMG_0289.JPG

Ready when you are.......... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom