Bullpups

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    That's it.

I sent an email to him last year but never got anything back from him. Pity too, I really like his design though it might be a little heavy. I really like the fact how his design is more like a flat top, putting the optics closer to the bbl. That's why I'm not to keen on RJF or hightower. The sight rail is so high on those and for no good reason other than cosmetic, IMO.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    This is hands down my favorite ruger bullpup kit, a copy of the Walther WA 2000 sniper rifle.

http://ironwooddesigns.com/IWD1022.html

But.... at $950 it is most certainly a grail build.

Just thought I'd add that. ;)

Absolutely. That thing speaks to anyone who ever played Rainbow 6. At that price though, I'd be worried about it every time I took it out to shoot it.

MOJO@AKLYS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    B.R.
    The rail height is required to gain the proper sight height with a bullpup system, the rail also functions as a guide for your hand so charging is a gross motor movement rather than a finite control.The ZK-22 is set up for gross motor control on everything.

We have them in stock at the Retail store and a few to try out.

I sent an email to him last year but never got anything back from him. Pity too, I really like his design though it might be a little heavy. I really like the fact how his design is more like a flat top, putting the optics closer to the bbl. That's why I'm not to keen on RJF or hightower. The sight rail is so high on those and for no good reason other than cosmetic, IMO.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    The rail height is required to gain the proper sight height with a bullpup system, the rail also functions as a guide for your hand so charging is a gross motor movement rather than a finite control.The ZK-22 is set up for gross motor control on everything.

Understood, and the ZK-22 is a fine quality stock/system. I'm just not as interested in gross motor control on a rimfire bullpup. I'd prefer to have the optics closer to the bbl. I may still have to buy a ZK-22 though, just to own one. Fabulous concept and I hear the trigger linkage is superior to anything out there.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I used to have a muzzlite on a 10/22. It was a fun toy, but was too toylike and of course trigger pull was not great. I used to be active on a couple of rimfire forums, there are a lot of toy and airsoft guns that easily make a good conversion host. DO some searching and for well under $100 you can make an awesome toy!

MOJO@AKLYS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    B.R.
    I don't know how you could get a lower optic height on a conversion system, we have it to the point where even 1/8" more and a low mount optic would drop out of usable range. Your cheek weld is on top of the receiver.

If you have an idea I would love to hear it, and I in fact agree with your optic to bore Parallax. So much so I have a picatiny rail machined into my barrel to hold a Crimson trace IR laser for close point shooting with NV. It is less than 1/2" of site offset.

The Gross motor controls on the ZK-22 are for proving the concepts while we transition the ergonomics to a Fighting rifle system.

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    I don't know how you could get a lower optic height on a conversion system, we have it to the point where even 1/8" more and a low mount optic would drop out of usable range. Your cheek weld is on top of the receiver.

If you have an idea I would love to hear it, and I in fact agree with your optic to bore Parallax. So much so I have a picatiny rail machined into my barrel to hold a Crimson trace IR laser for close point shooting with NV. It is less than 1/2" of site offset.

Well, this is what the guy at Dixie Consolidated did:

oknyyph99b2u35onxa1c.jpg

I didn't remember it being so far away from the bore either until I went back and looked. Now that you have explained it I realize what you are talking about and why you need that optic further up. Your cheek weld on a bullpup has to be on top of the receiver rather than lower on the comb of a stock, thus the raised optics.

I'll have to rethink my bullpup wants and probably end up going with a ZK.

The Gross motor controls on the ZK-22 are for proving the concepts while we transition the ergonomics to a Fighting rifle system.

Oh, please tell me that new system is going to be AK based!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom