buying 45 acp target loads

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clem131

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    BATON ROUGE, LA
    i'm very new to the shooting sports and I've been noticing that ammo is getting harder to find and that it is freaking expensive! so does anyone know someone in the area that has a license to sell reloads and that is cheap and reliable. Or is it just better for me to go to walmart/academy for my 45 acp target rounds?

any advise would be greatly appreciated!

simplyorange

None Other Than.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Dutchtown
    i just go to walmart and buy remington, my gun likes it and the prices arent horrible for .45 acp, look online, you can buy in bulk and save some change.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Ammunition is much easier to find now than it was last year. I buy mine at Wal Mart.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    :rofl::p:mamoru::rofl:
    You were spot on bout the XL 650! Now hurry up n come on first of the year, so I can get my 1911 made into a tack driver, and I can start cranking out .45's on the dillion too!

Just let me know when you do so I can get EX Chief Deputy Steven Seagal to show you the way a 1911 is to be shot, since he is one of the FEW chosen ones who can make a 120 when he qualifies

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I firmly believe that if anyone is at any point agonizing about the cost or availability of any cartridge, they should just take up reloading. If you do single stage, you can get everything you need for what, $300? How many boxes of .45 before you've recouped your losses, not to mention if you also want to shoot other calibers.

Getting into reloading was the best decision I ever made. Sure it is slow on a single stage press, but it is enough for my shooting needs. Cast your own bullets and all handgun cartridges cost almost the same. It is especially necessary if you, like me, enjoy magnum revolvers. I don't think you can get a box of .44 for less than $30... I can load two boxes up for what, like $15? And that is with JHP. If I do lead, it is even less... $4 a box maybe.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Just let me know when you do so I can get EX Chief Deputy Steven Seagal to show you the way a 1911 is to be shot, since he is one of the FEW chosen ones who can make a 120 when he qualifies

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Doesn't everyone shoot a 120 during qualification?

Top Bottom