Buying a new car in 2026? Hmmm

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Happened upon this vid tonight. I’m never surprised by what gets snuck into new laws anymore when it comes to Orwellian control garbage. I’m more worried about that than anything else sometimes. I’m sure this will never be abused…

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Car manufacturers have had this "Technology" for years but only use to use it in case of car thief and proper police requests and such. I worked as a Mercedes Benz Roadside Assistance Tech from 98-07, early in 2000's they had the ability to "listen in" on your conversations and even see tons of info mainly engine data and engine fault codes. If your car was reported stolen and Police called the dispatch center, they could tell the police where the car was, if it was running, seat belts latched etc etc. I have heard of plenty of times they used this to help catch car thieves. But just like the Government to want to have control of your vehicle, it's just another form of "Control". So if your car has some form of "Onstart, Tele-Aid or roadside assistance button, look out!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yeah, I’m thinking if the government makes it mandatory, there won’t be any disabling going on. I think once it hits the 100% mark it’ll be the equivalent of an aircraft transponder on your car with the ability to shut it down. I can tell you that I’ll opt for cars produced before 2026 if this actually happens.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I am waiting for my 2023 Acadia to arrive. Hope it does not have that crap from the factory.

Top Bottom