Buying a Silencer in Baton Rouge Updated 10/24/08

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lw55566

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 27, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    LLC is not superior just different.

I wanted something that was immortal. I can pass on ownership of the LLC to heir's and the guns never have to be transfered.

I wanted something I could have "partners" in and I could bring them in or out at my discretion. For instance I am in the LLC, also my wife, my father and another trusted individual. I am the majority partner and can 'buy" people in or out at my discretion. If something happens to me or even worse to me and wife at the same time, the LLC stays intact. MG's stay put right where they are and the NFA paperwork requires no attention. When so many other things would be going on for those we have appointed to take care of children, etc, NFA paperwork and guns are no bother.

Also if wife and I evacuate for storm seperatly, or whatever there are 4 individuals who can legally transport guns belonging to the LLC.

Maybe a trust can do these things to, but the LLC was recomended for all the situations I wanted to cover.

Go to the NFA archive at subguns.com

http://www.subguns.com/boards/mgmsgarchive.cgi

go to search:

http://www.subguns.com/boards/mgmsgarchive.cgi?search

and put LLC and Trust in the search select to search for "all" terms and posted in the last year and read lots of good info on both approaches. Some of the best minds in MG's are on subguns.com

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Just talked to my examiner at the ATF today. My suppressor will be approved today or tomorrow. Will continue this thread on the steps I went through after the excitement wears off.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    You can go ahead and order the suppressor. You can use the time until it arrives (several weeks or several months) to set up the trust. By law, you can't fill out the Form 4 until the item arrives at your dealer.

Be sure to tell your dealer you'll be using a trust and the name you'll be giving the trust (Example, John's Gun Trust). He'll probably fill out most of the Form 4 for you. Mine did, anyway.

I called ATF about mine today. Still pending. Blah.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    LLC is not superior just different.

I wanted something that was immortal. I can pass on ownership of the LLC to heir's and the guns never have to be transfered.

I wanted something I could have "partners" in and I could bring them in or out at my discretion. For instance I am in the LLC, also my wife, my father and another trusted individual. I am the majority partner and can 'buy" people in or out at my discretion. If something happens to me or even worse to me and wife at the same time, the LLC stays intact. MG's stay put right where they are and the NFA paperwork requires no attention. When so many other things would be going on for those we have appointed to take care of children, etc, NFA paperwork and guns are no bother.

Also if wife and I evacuate for storm seperatly, or whatever there are 4 individuals who can legally transport guns belonging to the LLC.

Maybe a trust can do these things to, but the LLC was recomended for all the situations I wanted to cover.

Found this:

whoever you list as a trustee on the trust can legally possess the item or items listed on the trust.

LouisianaAKman

B.O.W. #318
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    West Monroe,LA
    not sure if this question has already been asked, but here goes.
    I already have a LLC for my business, so, could I use my current LLC or do I need to form another one specifically for NFA stuff?

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    I bit the carrot (tac 65) . And now i'am hooked .1 pending and collecting for #2 !

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom