Buying a Silencer in Baton Rouge Updated 10/24/08

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I need two print cards... anybody have extra?

I can probably spare a couple if your in a fix. Send me a pm reminder in the morning and I'll go through the office. I recently ordered several from ATF but need to make sure I can find them.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I have a question, somebody had mentioned that you are requiered to fill out "proof of citizenship card" I looked on the form and all it says is "have you ever renounced citizenship". Also the requirements doesnt say anything about it.

Can somebody please update me on this????????

Thanks.

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I know the answer to the question. what I am asking is if you are required for a "proof of citizenship card" or not???????????

Somebody said you do and I dont see it on the requirements

TTuck1911

Greenhorn
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    I have a few questions, #1 To Date, what is the length of time spent on obtaining your silencer. #2 Is acquiring full-auto weapons the same process? #3 Can you post a video or pictures of you shooting(Would be Great)

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    #1 first silencer took about a year. Second took about six months. Only about three months of that process is the paperwork. Rest is waiting on the dealer or manufactorer.

#2 yes same process to obtain machine gun.

#3 my YouTube has lots of videos. Google aroundlsu YouTube.

Hay-Wire

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I went through this process a year or so ago - before I knew about this forum.
    I used 10-8 Tactical in Harahan. They walked me through the whole process and made it fairly painless. I formed a new LLC ($75 with the Secretary of State) and used it on the Form 4. No fingerprint cards needed, no passport photo, and no LEO signature!
    I ordered a Hearing Protection LLC Checkmate .22 suppressor straight from the manufacturer. They had to do a state transfer to 10-8, then 10-8 had to do a state transfer to me. Once that was done, we sent in the Form 4. The whole process took about 5 months from the time I wrote the check to Hearing Protection LLC to when I was putting lead through the suppressor.
    Now, I really enjoy sending subsonic ammo downrange from my Sig 522 with that can on it, and making everyone around think I'm shooting a really quiet pellet gun.
    I also cannot confirm or deny that it's been used to take out snakes in my back yard :ninja:

If anyone wants to hear it, I'll meet you at the range!

rm76

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2007
    Texas
    Can one apply for a suppressor and SBR in the same application and under the same tax fee or will this require 2 applications and $400 total?

Lafsnguy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have one that has been pending since october 21st it was approved on April 25th but the stamp still hasn't show up. Be prepared to wait longer if the dealer doesn't have whatever you want in stock.

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Quicken...

Yeah, I know. Quicken or legalzoom will get you in trouble blah blah blah. There are some things that they don't cover that could result in some trouble of you were to transfer an NFA item could land you in some hot water. If you're smart, you can correct this. There are several write ups on line detailing the correct language.

I used quicken when I set mine up. Now I have a buddy who's an attorney who is familiar with NFA items, he went over it for me and made a few changes. I was not at all familiar with NFA when I did this, but for someone who is familiar its worth at least looking into.

Getting a lawyer is always best, but its totally possible to do it yourself.

Top Bottom