Cabela's 3D Archery Shoot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Cabela's 3D Archery Shoot
    Come compete in Cabela's Outdoor 3D Archery Shoot.15 targets at different ranges. Prizes will be awarded. $2 for 1st round, $5 for 2nd round. Each 3D target will have a set of scoring rings. The smallest circle scores 12 points, the next ring is the heart 10 points, the lung is 8 points, the body is 5 points. The hoof or antlers on deer score a zero.
    Saturday, 7:30-11:00 a.m.

Anyone planning on going? This would be a fine time for the BS owner to "sponsor" me. :D Give me a shirt to wear.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    It's a very cool setup. Watch out for the fire fighters that go, they are on target.

It's all in good fun. I went out to the park yesterday to get back into practice with my bow. Had to tweak my sites a little but I'm shooting a grouping of about 6" diameter at 60 yards, I wish it were tighter but all I had to shoot at was the knock of the first arrow I put down range.

LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    I shot some 3D shoots for a couple of years. Got out about 4 yrs ago. Man I miss that. I think I enjoyed shooting 3D more than I enjoyed bowhunting. It kept me busy all year long. Good Luck.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    This Saturday the 26th? If the wife and daughter don't have plans for me I may try and make that. I will break the ole bow out and shoot a few arrows this week. What are the normal ranges (distance) in the competition? I may have to add a pin.
    Thanks KT!

If I go I will be wearing one of the BS.com shirts and CAP!
    Will I too get a sponsorship deal? LOL NO just kidding, Mel!
    If I make it past the warm up round then I may add for sponsorship! I think I could hit a bull moose somewhere in the body within 20 yards……IF I practice this week!
    I’ll let ya’ll know! Sounds like fun!
    KT

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    This Saturday the 26th? If the wife and daughter don't have plans for me I may try and make that. I will break the ole bow out and shoot a few arrows this week. What are the normal ranges (distance) in the competition? I may have to add a pin.
    Thanks KT!

If I go I will be wearing one of the BS.com shirts and CAP!
    Will I too get a sponsorship deal? LOL NO just kidding, Mel!
    If I make it past the warm up round then I may add for sponsorship! I think I could hit a bull moose somewhere in the body within 20 yards……IF I practice this week!
    I’ll let ya’ll know! Sounds like fun!
    KT

I'm not sure on distances, but I doubt they go over 40 maybe 60. I only wanted to sport a BS shirt which is why I said sponsorship. I figured it would make for good advertisement.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    It was a shame noone came out other than me. My father and I were there as well as two kids under 18. So only 4 competitors totals and they grouped the scoring as a youth group and an adult group. First place was a Cabela's release and a $50 gift card. Second place was a Cabela's release and a half dozen Cabela's arrows.

Overall setup was nice. 15 targets (Deer, Bear, Porcupine, Fox and Turkey) at yardages from 6 yards to 37 yards. Sad to say I miss judged the 37 yard deer and sent an arrow over his back and hit the brick wall. Needless to say Goldtip Arrows are renowned for their durability but the brick wall at +270 fps was too much.

Overall it was great and threy are looking forward to doing this once a month if they can get the attendance up.

LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    Since you posted this earlier in the week, its been on my mind to get back into shooting. Don't know how well my shoulder will hold up as its been a couple of years. Might try to get some practice in and see how loose the shoulder feels. I'd be willing to come shoot once a month.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Since you posted this earlier in the week, its been on my mind to get back into shooting. Don't know how well my shoulder will hold up as its been a couple of years. Might try to get some practice in and see how loose the shoulder feels. I'd be willing to come shoot once a month.

At most you would shoot 65 shots. What kind of probs do/did you have with your shoulder? I'm shooting haven recovered from a broken collar bone from last March.

LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    Problems with my rotator cup from baseball. Just never got anything done to get it fixed. It works fine now, as long as I don't push it. I can still throw the baseball and footballs, just not as hard. Back when I was shooting, I would shoot about 30 - 40 a day when I was home. After the injury, could only get about 10 practice shots in a day with a lot of pain.

jphilp87

Glock
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Ascension
    How often do they do one of these? I'd like to come out and shoot. For nothing other than I need practice and it sounds fun!

Any info, guys?

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    How often do they do one of these? I'd like to come out and shoot. For nothing other than I need practice and it sounds fun!

Any info, guys?

They said they'd hope to have this once a month. Haven't seen an update about August or September yet.

Last edited:

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    The 3D shoot that this thread was about took place outside and the turn out was so lousy it seems they decided not to hold one again.

Top Bottom