Calling All Law Enforcement

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TickleChain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2022
    Castle Doctrine
    With the newest "gun control" language echoing everywhere, I have to ask a question.

So We The People don't find Ourselves on the wrong side of the law, what common words or phrases do We need to avoid?

We The People are not the school/mass shooters, nor will We ever be, so that type of rhetoric-avoidance is a no-brainer.

In your opinion, what do We need to avoid saying/posting?

Thank You for Your Time and Effort!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    giphy.gif

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Prob just don’t act like this and you’ll be good

Or this

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Live your life as you normally do. As long as you're not Posing a threat to anyone individually, who give a damn what you say. Are you worried about people's feelings or what they will think about you? Remember, you still have the first amendment... For now . While I do have the highest respect for LEO, especially those who are members here, I remember being told by a LEO one time, as far as laws go, most officers are educated about actual laws just enough to be dangerous to the public. You see the little ibm tough-book that stays mounted in the car? Yeah, that's their source of laws. A lawYER would be best poised to answer this if you really care about hurting a feeling or don't want to make someone cry their hearts out.

Last edited:

TickleChain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2022
    Castle Doctrine
    Thank Y'all, BigChillin' and KDerek!

I'm just trying to find out if anything is known about various common words/phrases that could subject people to having their Guns confiscated.

For example:

Molon Labe
    From My Cold Dead Hands

The various topics that We on the Right talk about that some call "conspiracy theories". It was either DHS or DOJ that put out an "announcement" about the latter, claiming those that did so are considered "domestic terrorists".

The "red flag laws" coming down the pipe seem like a prime source for disarming those (like me) who aren't buying what they're selling.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    What’s scary about red flag laws is you don’t have to do anything wrong or questionable to have your rights violated. No due process whatsoever. Your neighbor can call and say I just say my neighbor loading his car up with guns and ammunition and something doesn’t seem right. In reality your just loading up the car to go enjoy a day at the gun range.

**** someone off and they can call without any sort of concrete evidence or proof. Them you find yourself spending thousands of dollars fighting in court to get your rights back. Once groups like moms demand action find out this passes you better believe they will be calling on any and everyone they can. Coincidence they were caught trying to make a list of gun owners and their home addresses? I think not

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    What’s scary about red flag laws is you don’t have to do anything wrong or questionable to have your rights violated. No due process whatsoever. Your neighbor can call and say I just say my neighbor loading his car up with guns and ammunition and something doesn’t seem right. In reality your just loading up the car to go enjoy a day at the gun range.

**** someone off and they can call without any sort of concrete evidence or proof. Them you find yourself spending thousands of dollars fighting in court to get your rights back. Once groups like moms demand action find out this passes you better believe they will be calling on any and everyone they can. Coincidence they were caught trying to make a list of gun owners and their home addresses? I think not
    All great and realistic points. A smart gun owner would take note. I pretty much know my neighbors but I don’t let them see any sort of gun related activity at my house for a good reason. I’m stealthy when transporting any firearms between house and vehicle or house to backyard shop. I use to have a big silhouette target covering the inside of the shop door but I took it down because I’m pretty sure one of my neighbors could see it when the door was open. Call me paranoid but in these days of “see something, say something” I don’t wanna be seen.

Toodamgoofy

Don’t sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2022
    CENLA
    Prob just don’t act like this and you’ll be good

Or this

When did it become okay to let Florida Man come act like this in our screwed up state? Apparently he thought we needed help?

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Well, if you want to get real conspiracy minded, it's already too late because you have joined and posted here;).

I love me some guns, and I love me some snake flags, but in general, I don't plaster my car with stickers and vanity plates proclaiming such. My son used to have a Gadsden flag on his big ole two level Sam's kit wood playhouse in the backyard, but the front of my house will only ever fly a standard American flag. I just prefer not to draw too much scrutiny (as it is, I already have a marked unit in the driveway, how much more scrutiny do I need?). I do have a weakness in some bargain "don't tread" type t-shirts in my collection, but I'm moving to more generic, less "messagy" apparel. I'd rather just blend in as an everyday schlub.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Well, if you want to get real conspiracy minded, it's already too late because you have joined and posted here;).

I love me some guns, and I love me some snake flags, but in general, I don't plaster my car with stickers and vanity plates proclaiming such. My son used to have a Gadsden flag on his big ole two level Sam's kit wood playhouse in the backyard, but the front of my house will only ever fly a standard American flag. I just prefer not to draw too much scrutiny (as it is, I already have a marked unit in the driveway, how much more scrutiny do I need?). I do have a weakness in some bargain "don't tread" type t-shirts in my collection, but I'm moving to more generic, less "messagy" apparel. I'd rather just blend in as an everyday schlub.
    Id say thats a good idea. LEO are already considered targets by alot of activists and all. There is a guy that live in the neighborhood behind my house that works for APSO. He made a spot behind his house in the backyard for his unit, and keeps his personal car inside the garage, just so its not seen. He has the same thinking train as you. I speak to him often, and have to txt/call him to see if he is home before I walk down the street.

sarky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    The police as a group have one of if not the biggest problem with domestic violence than any other group! So, are they going to be denied access to firearms???? Is the government going red flag them

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The police as a group have one of if not the biggest problem with domestic violence than any other group! So, are they going to be denied access to firearms???? Is the government going red flag them

What are the numbers?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom