Calling Out Hog Hunters! Need help with Bachelor Party

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Good evening BS'rs. I have hunted before, not certainly not a regular besides some pest control around my property. My little brother in law is wanting to hunt some hogs for his bachelor party early next year. Here's our current baseline that he heard about from a friend:
    http://www.cuttercreekoutfitters.com/prices/
    Basically, $250 a person includes a hog and lodging per person per day. It seems like it's a private hog farm as you "don't need a hunting license if hunting within the fences." It's in Shreveport (5 hours away from us) and $250 a night seems steep for bunk beds, but it seems par for the hunting lodge course. I welcome your more experienced words on this one, please. Want my little bro in law to have a good time and the 11 of us total to not be broke by the end of the trip!

Thanks in advance y'all.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    i have actually been the cutter creek before.... It was real nice.... it was after a T/A me and a bunch of firends went there, It was a blast... the ranch hand was super cool and took real good care of us... now mind you that was prob 10 years ago... We all got our 2 hog limit, we all killed 1 in the stands and we all stalk hunted and killed the second one.. We had a blast, and it was treated just like out house, we had rule over it and the ranch hand was just there to help.. Again that was 10 years ago and dont know what has changed. He also allowed dog hunting with knives and had a big catch pen he showed his catch dogs off with... Only thing was if you shot a "trophy hog" 250lbs plus you had to pay a fee, 2 of my buddies shot a trophy hog, they didnt have to, it was there choice they each got them mounted... this is the only pic i had, they are strict on saftey which is good, orange vest and harnesses in all tree stands.. the owner corey was real cool, came by a few times and hung out with us... And the cabin was top notch, Where else you gonna go to a nice cabin for the night and be able to kill a hog for $250.....

Attachments

• assetq.jpg
      assetq.jpg
      16.8 KB · Views: 171
    Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    forgot he even had a big spot where he would dump a 18ft trailer full of old pasta they would get from a company and we got about 80 yards away from it with 8 people 2- 4door side by sides and smoked a few hogs on that one, It was fun, bring your big jambalay pot ect. make a good time outta it they have a big front porch to cook under ect.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Don't know about this place, but I looked into a hog hunt. Some places were advertising cheap hunts. Made it sound like you were doing them a favor shooting hogs. The catch was that you had to pay them to clean every hog you shot.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Plus they get you with the $1 a pound or more fee... that ads up fast
    Don't know about this place, but I looked into a hog hunt. Some places were advertising cheap hunts. Made it sound like you were doing them a favor shooting hogs. The catch was that you had to pay them to clean every hog you shot.

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    With a group of inexperienced hunters that large, something like that may be your only option and probably your best option considering safety and success rates. You could do it for the cost of a license/permit by camping on public land, but it would require more work than most going on a bachelor party would be willing to put in.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    With a group of inexperienced hunters that large, something like that may be your only option and probably your best option considering safety and success rates. You could do it for the cost of a license/permit by camping on public land, but it would require more work than most going on a bachelor party would be willing to put in.

Hey I appreciate that feedback, and it does seem like a reasonable conclusion. Also appreciate the feedback from others above. Really helpful, especially BigChillin!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom