Came for a Brown and left with a Baer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    1027121712b.jpg1027121712a.jpg1027121712.jpg

Well, I didn't pick up the EB Kobra. I fondled so many 1911s while at Jim's Firearms today. I saw the most beautiful 1911 from Wilson Combat too. I went to the used section and saw this Les Baer. For some reason, I felt like a guy at the SPCA looking at an unwanted used puppy and in desperate need of a home. A home which it would be most appreciated and fed a healthy diet. When the sales guy put it in my hand, it felt sweeeeeeeeet and you know the rest now.

I took it home, took it apart and cleaned it and then put these PIMP grips on it which I had laying around. BTW, the barrel bushing was very TIGHT. I thought I could take it apart without a barrel wrench....thought wrong.

Last edited:

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    I'm not really a fan of front serrations, but I dont mind it on this one because it is stainless. The pimp grips are comming off. I have a set of VZ Operator on the way.

didn't get the Operators....got the golfball ones instead

Last edited:

snapnek

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Woodworth, Louisiana
    Nice gun! I own 2 Baers and they are sweeet!! Hard as heck to clean, tight bushing, is a pain. I have launched the spring toward the moon a couple times. Good choice of one of the finest 1911s made.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    They are very nice and well built. I picked this one up used at a really good price. I sent an email to Les Baer's customer service giving them my serial number and they informed me it was built in 2002. Over ten years old and it is still tighter than my Night Hawk which is less than a year old. I also ordered an original cardboard box from Baer for $17.50 which will include all the paperwork and goodies I would have received if I bought it new. They are even going to mark the box with my serial number.

Top Bottom