Camping

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Codyjohn61

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 5, 2022
    Belle Chasse
    I’m relatively new to Louisiana lived here for about 3 years now we live in Belle Chasse and have camped at fontainebleau state park an loved it but am looking to branch out and was open to any recommendations I love to do a little fishing and walk some trails while camping something that has electricity or close to bathrooms for my wife we tent camp with our two smaller dogs.
    Thank you in advance.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    we have been to a few campgrounds with out camper and the majority of the rv parks etc do not allow tent camping. mostly the state campgrounds allow that. a couple that stand out are percy quinn which is just over the state line in mississippi. iirc they have both primitive tent spots and ones with power/water. its a bit more of a drive but there is a really nice park in ruston which is a parish park. they have a nice paved walking trail around the lake along with quite a bit of mountain bike trails. that one is lincoln parish park, not to be confused with lincoln lake park which i have never been to but heard it is nice for campers. you may also take a look at tickfaw state park. not sure where they stand since ida last year but when i went there quite a few years ago they had some decent options.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Bayou Segnette state park in Westwego, has all you looking for; also Fairview Riverside SP in Madisonville , as mentioned, Percy Quin, its old but nice; Just got back from Buccaneer SP in Waveland, Ms.; Tickfaw still repairing from IDA

Last edited:

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Bogue chitto state park has cabins and i think they allow tents. They have a great mtb trail system, horse, walking/hiking trails.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

TheSandmannn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2023
    Baton Rouge, La

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Second Tickfaw State Park for amenities.
    If you wanna get out on your own and do the real wilderness thing, Homochitto National forest, especially on the river. North of Gloster, MS. I’ve done plenty of weekend to 5 day outings alone over the years, going in by motorcycle. The trace is a good route, as is parts of Hwy 33. Check a map and look for creeks or points in the river. Good fishing and plenty of wilderness. Best to avoid during hunting seasons.

jneubig

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Houma
    A couple more not mentioned are around Hattiesburg, MS. Paul B Johnson State Park and Little Black Creek. Both are very nice. We are in Gulf Shores at Gulf State Park right now. Huge place with lots of hiking/biking trails and a nice primitive area near bath house. They also allow tents on any site. Of course, the white sand beaches are a draw as well.

TheSandmannn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2023
    Baton Rouge, La
    Second Tickfaw State Park for amenities.

If you wanna get out on your own and do the real wilderness thing, Homochitto National forest, especially on the river. North of Gloster, MS. I’ve done plenty of weekend to 5 day outings alone over the years, going in by motorcycle. The trace is a good route, as is parts of Hwy 33. Check a map and look for creeks or points in the river. Good fishing and plenty of wilderness. Best to avoid during hunting seasons.

Any tips for motorcycle camping. That a new guy should be made aware of?

Top Bottom