Can Firearms Companies be Held Liable?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Was it Boeing’s fault for 911? Is it the gas can manufacturer’s fault when arson occurs, auto makers and alcohol maker’s when a DWI fatality occurs? Hammers, knives, bats, machetes, etc….the only inanimate object on the face of the planet that gets blamed for an evil act is a gun. Otherwise it’s the person doing evil that is and should be held accountable. The government fears freedom loving, law abiding, American citizens having the means to defend themselves against tyranny. It has nothing to do with saving childrens lives. Two days ago the same people who are outraged at a gun killing kids were going ape because they were afraid they would lose the ability to kill millions of children in the womb. We are a fallen nation. God Help Us. There is a much bigger picture here and this is a distraction that the left is using as cover. It’s a horrific tragedy but the “gun” is the least part of the bigger problem.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    yeah, they're going nuts. I actually just ordered a bunch of ammo from bulkammo.com before prices start skyrocketing even worse than they already are.... again.....
    Smart. I almost pushed the button on some 9mm ball in the 30 cent range the other day but don’t have room. The big Walmart sellout a couple years ago loaded me up. Rarely do I feel fortune shines on me like that, but it did that week.

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    As I understand it, the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) exempts manufactures and vendors of weapons and parts from lawsuits if the said manufactures and vendors engaged in lawful activities. Pres Brandon keeps saying this law protects manufactures and vendors from lawsuits. This is false. It just protects them from being sued when a psycho and criminal uses one of their weapons to kill people. Brandon wants it repealed so that manufacturers, dealers, and vendors can be sued out of business.

sarky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    If this idea becomes precedence then any time someone misuses a car, the car manufacturer will be sued.

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    I think it’s ridiculous to even try to blame a firearms manufacturer for a mass shooting but now that the precedent has been set with the Sandy Hook suit, there will be attempts made. Cuz money…
    The Sandy Hook lawsuit was a settlement by the lawyers representing the bankruptcy court. It was settled so that the bankruptcy could process could be concluded. There was no admission of guilt. Most of the original lawsuit was tossed out due to PLCAA.

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    At the end of the day Remington gave in to a settlement agreement and there was a payout, or am I mistaken?
    Remington had nothing to do with this settlement. This was just the lawyers, representing the insurance companies involved in the bankruptcy, that settled the lawsuut

Top Bottom