Canik pistols

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnpaul

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2016
    metairie,la
    I just bought a Canik TP9SF elite and I love it.Knowledgeable people have told me that it is a fine pistol.Any opinions? Thanks in advance

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Canik is NATO certified and well as iso 9000. I’ve owned a few and they really are great guns not just for the money. They used to be a lot cheaper than they are now but even still it’s an incredible value. My only gripe is it’s typically hard to find magazines for them.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I have a TP9SFX with a Burris red dot on it, for a few years now. My range toy, a solid handgun, very accurate. I put a freedomsmith trigger in it and some light polish on a few internals, yielded a 3# trigger pull with way less take up and a shorter re-set. Caniks are hard to beat for the price imo. And great support from the importer too.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I've had a couple TP9FSX's for a couple of years now, my son and I both compete with them. I changed the trigger in one, should have left it stock. Great gun for the money. The new Rival has some added features and seems to be better.

Mr Smooth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2022
    Destrehan
    Great pistols. Ended up with four of them. Never found a better striker trigger for the price.
    They are constantly improving their product features and function. Even the Tristar CZ clones are made by Canik and are super guns for the price

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    Mine runs even with tons of cerakote on it. I just wanted a full size optics ready 9mm that wasn't too expensive. I can continue not to have issue and I don't see myself buying another unless they come out with a tp9sfx in 10mm.

The two big Facebook canik groups are bias. I've seen a lot of failures with the tp9sfx on them. The usual response is break it in and/or use 124gr which is just an excuse for a bad gun.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Them “channik” pistols are sweet. The first one I bought several years ago cost me $269 with two 18 round mags. Bought too many and wound up selling one off last year. When the price point finally catches up to the quality people will be crying and full of regret.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The Turkish are doing some really cool stuff right now. I've waxed poetic a few times about the Tisas 1911, which I think is the best 1911 for under $1,000 (and possibly even under $1,500) right now. I'm not the least bit surprised that the TP9SF is a good weapon, and I'm sure I'll scoop one up when I find a good deal on one.

At a glance it looks like the TP9SF follows the basic Glock architecture, so I'm going to assume that it's solid from that perspective. Ergonomics look nice, too, and from what I've read that's a lot of the Canik's appeal.

In any event, the best gun is the one that you train with regularly!

Mike

kennyboyusmc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2022
    Belle Chasse
    I’ve got the SFX in FDE and Elite SC in Patriot Brown (I think it is an Academy Sporting Goods exclusive). Both are incredible. Ridiculously accurate, reliable, and good-looking. To top it off, the triggers are probably the best of the striker-fired guns. I can get Glocks for Blue Label pricing, but whenever I start debating about getting another Glock, I cannot justify it when the Caniks are better in almost every way. The upside with Glock is aftermarket support and parts availability. Please don’t take my statements as a knock on Glock or other brands as I own guns from just about every manufacturer, but I find that the performance you get from the Canik would be found in guns costing $800-1000 from major competitors.

Flubb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2022
    OR
    TP9s are pretty good for the price, excellent triggers too. But they have heavy recoil springs for european ammo, the ones I've shot didn't like super weak ammo.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    TP9s are pretty good for the price, excellent triggers too. But they have heavy recoil springs for european ammo, the ones I've shot didn't like super weak ammo.
    Canik changed the stock recoil springs from 20lbs to 17lbs a few years ago. This is no longer an issue and hasn’t been for quite some time. The original Caniks to hit the US market were sprung for 124gr NATO.

Also fwiw a Gen 3 Glock 19 rsa will work in a tp9 sf elite and a Gen 3 G17 rsa will work in the tp9 sf.

Snuffman

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2022
    Central, LA
    I just bought a Canik TP9SF elite and I love it.Knowledgeable people have told me that it is a fine pistol.Any opinions? Thanks in advance
    Congratulations. I heard great things about it. I actually considered the TP9SF elite but ultimately chose the M&P 2.0 metal instead which I love.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I picked up a Rival Dark Side about 7 days ago. Another Canik winner. Red fiber optic front. Better factory trigger, very short reset. 4 lb 5 oz break on my gauge. First time at the range = never missed a beat.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    It's good to see Canik improving their guns like that. As much as I like glock, i wish they would follow suit.
    glock doesn't have to BC so many police forces buy them. glock lives/sells on their reputation and quality. you owe it to yourself to try a base level Canik pistol. For somewhere around $375 to 400 tax included you can have a reliable 9mm that holds 16+ rounds, and Canik has now proven their reliability. My new Rival hold 20 rounds with the 18+2 mag bases. Way better sights than a factory glock, optics ready with four plates included in the box. Way better trigger from the factory too. I ran 100 rounds thru it last Wed, never failed a single round. Just bang every time, and accurate. And it looks way better than my glock 22 cop trade in. Hey I like glocks but today they are overpriced imo. My first glock was a 17L, then a 17, a 19, and now this 22 cop trade in. The 17L, 17, and 19 are gone bye bye.

A Canik example at Academy: https://www.academy.com/p/canik-tp9sf-one-series-black-9mm-pistol?sku=9mm

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    I wouldn't mind a cheap truck gun. I would need to do some research on their reliability when new before I buy another. I'm not sure if other models had those issues until they "break in" like the tp9sfx.

The psa dagger is only $300 currently.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom