Canik pistols

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    Does anything really improve their triggers much? I’ve dry fired the rival and was seriously impressed. I would like that nice trigger in a Glock 19 sized pistol.
    It improves the stock canik trigger on the tp9sfx. but it's darn close to the rival. With a rival, I would not change it.
    If the Rival trigger is as light as the Glock triggers I have worked on I will buy one.
    You use all oem parts, retain all safetys and it is still drop safe? If so, what do you charge?

javery5.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2023
    New Orleans La.
    It improves the stock canik trigger on the tp9sfx. but it's darn close to the rival. With a rival, I would not change it.

You use all oem parts, retain all safetys and it is still drop safe? If so, what do you charge?
    The biggest difference is canik triggers are mechanically different than Glock triggers. Caniks are fully cocked strikers vs Glock being semi cocked.

theRobot

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    I'm both partially upset and proud at the same time. All the buzz about the Canik line of pistols that are using the Walther P99AS and PPQ trigger assemblies. I wish as many people got this excited over the Walther pistols. But it's another one of those situations where the company(Walther) priced themselves out of popularity.

javery5.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2023
    New Orleans La.
    I'm both partially upset and proud at the same time. All the buzz about the Canik line of pistols that are using the Walther P99AS and PPQ trigger assemblies. I wish as many people got this excited over the Walther pistols. But it's another one of those situations where the company(Walther) priced themselves out of popularity.
    Not to mention canik puts everything in the box and Walther makes you order the one free optics plate. You can only Glock people so much before they move on.

theRobot

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    Not to mention canik puts everything in the box and Walther makes you order the one free optics plate. You can only Glock people so much before they move on.
    Its crazy how closely the Canik pistols are following the Walther design, the PPQ lower feels great with my TP9SFx slide/barrel on it.

I've interchanged every slide on every frame and they all cycle.

javery5.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2023
    New Orleans La.
    Its crazy how closely the Canik pistols are following the Walther design, the PPQ lower feels great with my TP9SFx slide/barrel on it.

I've interchanged every slide on every frame and they all cycle.
    Which means recoil assembles and trigger bar and safety plunger have to be the same.

theRobot

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    Which means recoil assembles and trigger bar and safety plunger have to be the same.
    Yeah, for the mags too, the distance of catch to feed lip is the same, so the Canik mags insert and feed in my PPQ m2, but the magwell is longer on the Canik, so the PPQ mag bottoms out before reaching the catch in the Canik.

It's similar situation that people found out when p99 mags(it uses paddle release) were hard to find, people just bought PPQ M1 mags, since they're the same. Just the baseplate says PPQ instead.

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    My friend is a firearms trainer and loves his. My son just bought one and is after me to get one (when they make it in .40S&W I'll think about it).

javery5.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2023
    New Orleans La.
    Just saw a video of a guy using a a canik sfx mag in the new kimber kds9c. It wouldn’t hold open on the last round though. I think you can only redesign the wheel so many ways. Lol.

Top Bottom