Canik Pistols

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    Made a quick trip to the range this morning with the Canik. I must admit I was impressed with it. Shot at 20, 15 & 10 yards & all the groups were pretty tight. No bad for out of the box. It’s my first striker fired pistol & can’t say anything bad about it. The tigger is everything that people say it is. The reset is really short. Once I get used to it it should be a tack driver. Money well spent. Thanks again to everyone who replied to the original post.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yep, Caniks are very underappreciated pistols. I got one of mine listed and it.was tough to do that. But, my Whiteout and Rival Darkside are here to stay!
    ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1140.png
      IMG_1140.png
      1.7 MB · Views: 57

MrNorm60

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2023
    Prairieville
    Does anyone here have actual experience with Canik pistols? The model in question is the Mete Sf Pro in 9mm. A friend‘s son bought one but had to finance it. He put $200.00 down on it. As luck has it he quit his job so Dad paid it off for him, cost Dada $500.00. He’s not sure if he wants to sell it or keep it. I have no experience with them so I’m reaching out to you guys. It’s a nice looking pistol with slide cuts, 2 mags, couple back straps, holster, cleaning kit & threaded barrel. Thanks in advance for any insight.
    I own a CANIK TP9SF.I LOVE IT!!!! Have owned several, but I trust this one (SHEEBA) with my life as it's my EDC!! Canik is a magnificent brand, and PRICED RIGHT!!!

stephenmcrna

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2013
    Do not buy the steel version yet. Three people including me have sent the gun back to canik. In addition. Many people are having issues across the country with it.

Richard Michael

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2021
    Walker, La.
    Do not buy the steel version yet. Three people including me have sent the gun back to canik. In addition. Many people are having issues across the country with it.
    Mine has run flawlessly since day 1. Started with 147 grain for 300 rounds now it loves anything in 9mm! A friend accidentally loaded and fired a .380 but it wouldn't eject for some strange reason!

paulnola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2023
    New Orleans
    Most Americans don't know that Turkey has a long established history of making quality firearms. I didn't believe until I shot a few and did some research.
    I find the Canik more comfortable in my hand than a Block - I mean Glock.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I bought the compact version from a guy a few years ago. It shot exactly the same way my Glock 26 Gen 5 shot. Probably had a better trigger pull. My only gripe was magazine availability. So I ended up getting rid of it. They were only about $385 at the time. I wish I would’ve bought a few of them just for backup purposes. They shoot really nice. But they just aren’t Glocks so I wouldn’t put my life on it, but just for a trainer, yea get it.

johnson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2023
    New orleans
    Does anyone here have actual experience with Canik pistols? The model in question is the Mete Sf Pro in 9mm. A friend‘s son bought one but had to finance it. He put $200.00 down on it. As luck has it he quit his job so Dad paid it off for him, cost Dada $500.00. He’s not sure if he wants to sell it or keep it. I have no experience with them so I’m reaching out to you guys. It’s a nice looking pistol with slide cuts, 2 mags, couple back straps, holster, cleaning kit & threaded barrel. Thanks in advance for any insight.
    I have the sfx 9mm and I love this gun. Its light and it shoots nice. You definitely wont regret buying it.

Top Bottom