Can't Seem to Get CHL Online Done

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Trying to renew my LA CHL. Went online, put in my info (email, name SSN, permit number and all) triple checked it, hit the register button, and it says "An application is in the system with the information provided".

No mention of an email to be sent, so I can't check on the status. I have emailed them, and called (just a recording). Anyone have this happen? I can't find this in the help section, and besides filling out a paper application or driving to Baton Rouge to do it in person, I don't know what to do.

Anyone else experience this, or have a solution?

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I have done both Dave_M. Double checked the Spam folder, and the trash in my email. I have called 3 times, but only get the recording to apply online...

- - - Updated - - -

Probably my next option is to apply by mail.

BDill

What's This For Again
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Destrehan, LA
    I just did everything on Monday. The first form is a registration will send you an email with ID and Pin to access the system to begin app. Submitted fine now just waiting on the follow up email for payment.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I just did everything on Monday. The first form is a registration will send you an email with ID and Pin to access the system to begin app. Submitted fine now just waiting on the follow up email for payment.

Been waiting since Friday for an email. It is supposed to give you: "Your information is regitered, check your email" (or something similar). I just get "There is already an application in the system with the information provided". BUT, I got that the first time I tried to renew it. I can't check the status, because I never got an email with the info...

Akay47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2013
    La
    I have had a problem both times I have done the application and renewal. I get the first e-mail saying it’s been completed and the nothing afterwards. Checked spam folder and junk and it’s never there. I had to go to Baton Rouge the first time so I could do my prints in person so I just took care of it there. My renewal same deal. You can get to a person somehow if you call because I did but they hung up on me and I had to call back. They claim the payment email was sent but I definitely did not get it. I even verified my email address with them which was correct. The lady had to email me the payment link from her work email so now I’m payed up and waiting for however long it’s gonna take…..started the process of renewal in June and still wishing on a star

BDill

What's This For Again
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Destrehan, LA
    Just got the payment email. Submitted everything on 10/4. Seams to be working as it should :dunno:.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Forgot to update this. I got in touch with the CHL department. Apparently back when I renewed in 2016 I started an online application, but wound up sending in a paper one. Don't remember. Anyway, they reset it for me, completed the online, got the email requesting payment today. :)

BDill

What's This For Again
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Destrehan, LA
    Approval Email today. Looks like its taking just over a month if you have everything ready to go and are prompt with the payment.

m1k3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Central, LA
    Submitted an application for renewal on line on 9/14/2021.
    Received email on 9/16/2021 that application for renewal was accepted on 9/16/2021. Made payment same day.
    Received email on 10/22/2021 that application for renewal was approved.
    Received new CHP through mail on 10/27/2021.

Roughly six week turnaround.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom