CC Application Issues

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARMv8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2020
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So I've been trying to get my application sorted for over 9 months now, but really can not figure out what to do with the medical disposition form.

6 years ago I was prescribed lexapro by a school doctor to help me with finals and school (for general anxiety), I was on it for a week or two before getting taken off of it because of a bad medical reaction and never prescribed anything again or treated for it afterwards. Now because of this one incident I have to fill out the medical disposition form, simple enough right? Wrong.

Doctor #1 won't fill it out because she hasn't seen me in 5 years and the school won't let her

LSP says: Contact the psychologist who treated you

Psychologist #1 won't fill it out because she hasn't seen me in 5 years, no longer works for the school/has access to my records. She also is no longer practicing.

LSP says: Just go to an after hours clinic and have them fill it out

After Hours Clinic won't fill it out because they've never seen me before and none of the questions on the form even apply to the reason I'm showing up, as its asking for the reason Im being prescribed that medication.

LSP says: Apologies, find a Primary Care Physician and have them fill it out

Doctor #2 won't fill it out because I'm a new patient, and even if I wasn't she's uncomfortable filling it out.

LSP says: Find a different doctor to fill it out

So this time rather than schedule another doctor visit, I just took the form and asked the physician group I normally go to. And well, none of the doctors at the group (8-10 doctors) are open to filling it out even if I schedule a visit with them. So then I get referred to a psychologist (a new one) who they said could help me out.

Psychologist #2 Won't fill it out as I've never been to him before and is uncomfortable filling it out until we've had a few meetings.

LSP once again says the form isn't that serious and they just need to fill it out that they are treating me for nothing and sign it, even went as far to say to get their assistant or a nurse practitioner to fill it out., yet no one is comfortable doing what the LSP wants.

Anyone else ever have trouble with this form, or any recommendations/doctors who are comfortable filling it out? I'm trying to avoid spending hundreds of dollars in addition to the app fee, but because my college was happy to drug kids up for exams Im stuck in a rut.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom