CCW at playground

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    I just re-read the list of prohibited locations and don't see anything about parish playgrounds listed. Before I carry there, I thought I might ask here if I'm missing something in the rules? Is concealed carry prohibited at playgrounds?

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I just re-read the list of prohibited locations and don't see anything about parish playgrounds listed. Before I carry there, I thought I might ask here if I'm missing something in the rules? Is concealed carry prohibited at playgrounds?
    They usually have no firearms signs posted but what Bigchillin83 is saying isn’t a lie however I’m also not a lawyer

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Concealed means Concealed... No as far as the no firearms allowed sign is that just park "policy" or a actual law as covered by a actual law as passed by the coveigning political authority.. In some instances the actual law reference number must be posted on the sign itself. ....I am not a lawyer but until a real one apperars to offer a opinin even then it might be up to a judge to make the final decison as to ago or no go. .............................. drill sgt.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Thanks for the responses guys. I'm not sure if there are gun buster signs posted, I'll have to take a look around when I get there. Appreciate the time and answers. If anyone else cares to chime in, I'm all ears.

number1roadie19

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it IMO. If someone does notice and happens to call the LEOs just be cool and explain. A cool head will normally go a long way when interacting with MOST LEOs. They are adults and know the state of the world we live in today. As stated above, Concealed is concealed but I am not a lawyer and can not speak to the actual legal jargon.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom