CCW belts and carry positions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • copter wrench

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New to CCW, just got my license. I've got a few questions for guys that know a thing or two. What belt are most of you wearing? I'm thinking about the Hanks belts? I've got a gut(beer belly) but not hanging over my belt line. For AIWB and 3:00 or 4:00 do you wear pants and belt 1, 2 or 3 sizes up? When I carry OWB it's at 3:00, is this a common IWB position to? I'll be carring a Shadow Systems MR920 with TLR7 and Holosun.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana

I bought 2 of these 15 years ago, have worn one them every single day and through just about every level of hell short of war, and they still serve me today. I could use new ones, mostly because one has been missing for a few years and the remaining one is wearing out.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I like the ratchet type belts from Kore Essentials and Nexbelt. You cut belts to size.

I wear pants two inches wider waist

Hanks belts are good if you just want a traditional belt

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    I have used a belt from The Belt Man foj about 10 years and it is still holding up well. The Belt Man has a sizing chart that you can use to get the correct belt size for carrying.

4-14

treat never keep keep
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    WBR
    I don’t have a CC specific belt. I appendix carry with IWB

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

I bought 2 of these 15 years ago, have worn one them every single day and through just about every level of hell short of war, and they still serve me today. I could use new ones, mostly because one has been missing for a few years and the remaining one is wearing out.
    I've worn their belts everyday for over 25 years.

West

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Baton Rouge, louisiana
    First edc belt was a leather 5.11 lasted about five years before the sweat eventually got it. I've got beltman and nexbelt now. All are fine.

Don't get a groove belt. No matter what they say I wouldn't consider them edc belt.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I have been strictly been wearing Ares Agis belts for the past 8 yrs and love them.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    I was wearing a velcro belt for 10+ years daily even at work and carrying 3oclock when needed. It was not easy nor comfortable to carry so I found myself throwing my Ruger LCP in my pocket most of the time. I did not like the idea of a small pocket gun but that's a story for another time.

I recently switched to AIWB then soon after I bought a tenicor zero belt. I wanted a very small "buckle". That set up is FAR more comfortable for me. I do not like belts with holes. I like them to be "infinity" adjustable. I'm not going to recommend a position nor holster. Those are a couple things that depends on the person's body and activities they do. Unfortunately, that can get expensive and time consuming.

Since you are new to a CC permit, rememeber know one knows you have it. Dont keep adjusting yourself. People are too buried in their phones and other bs to see you print.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom