CCW Renewal Vs Military exempt

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I’m an Army Veteran of 14 long years and I got my CHP about 4.5 years ago right after Edwards made it free for Veterans. Worked out great because I got the class for only $60. Not bad at all, but now Veterans don’t have to have a CHP only their drivers license with a clean record. Should I renew my CHP or just let it go now that we don’t need it? Does anyone know if this new Louisiana law carries over to other states? My family only goes to carry friendly states once a year for vacation, but I would just like everyone to give me their feedback please. Thanks

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Veterans if quallified are free to go with the new law for concealed carry or go the CHP route..... This new law is ONLY valid in Louisiana and not recognized in other states that would recognize a valid CHP permit.. ...... Some veterans are using the new concealed carry choice as away to by-pass the chp requirements because of something in their past which would make them inelegible for a permit. because of the background check... Your choice. .............................. drill sgt..

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Veterans if quallified are free to go with the new law for concealed carry or go the CHP route..... This new law is ONLY valid in Louisiana and not recognized in other states that would recognize a valid CHP permit.. ...... Some veterans are using the new concealed carry choice as away to by-pass the chp requirements because of something in their past which would make them inelegible for a permit. because of the background check... Your choice. .............................. drill sgt..
    Makes sense. Thanks

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    And the background check when buying from a FFL

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

I would think if they can buy a gun they could pass a background check.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I'd gladly take the class again to get a 5yr permit and be able to bypass the background check.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

Top Bottom