ceramic water filter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I suggest two fold, one of the gravity filters that use buckets stacked on top of one another..
    such as this.. http://www.cheaperthandirt.net/prod...dium=organic&gclid=CNOh_5am67MCFeiPPAodCR0ABg
    this would be good for a static environment where you are not moving location to location..

This one, is more for a hiking day in and day out..
    http://www.rei.com/product/695265/msr-miniworks-ex-water-filter?preferredSku=6952650015&cm_mmc=cse_froogle-_-pla-_-product-_-6952650015&mr:trackingCode=716A67C3-3A88-DE11-B4D4-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla&{copy:s_kwcid}=&gclid=CLi7lrim67MCFbKiPAod4B0AUQ

But what I have gone to recently is just carrying the powdered pool shock which is very high concentrated bleach..
    I buy the one that does not have anti fungus.. it makes gallons and gallons of bleach.

this is a calculator for using bleach to make water safe, but remember it does not remove the debris and as such I might use one of the filters to remove debris, add the bleach, and I also carry Mio or propel water additives to make the water taste better, although the Msr does remove the offensive tastes as well.. the bucket filters doesnt so much.

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    +1 on the Berkey. My ex maw'in'law got one and that thing was incredible. They are expensive but I haven't ever seen a better filtration system.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    <nevermind- Berkey does .5 micron>

I've successfully used (meaning I didn't get sick drinking lots of really black nasty swamp water!) filters from General Ecology (without any chemical treatment) and MSR (with aqua plus tables added for virus protection).

Which ever filter you get pick up a pack of coffee filters and put it over the intake hose. It'll cut down the crud going into your filter so you won't have to clean it so often.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom