CETME/G3 Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Verbal Kint

I dunno
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hammond
    Any CETME/G3 experts out there? I need some help.

I recently picked up a G3 clone made by one of the smaller shops (now out of business). Nice build (welds look really nice) and builder had a good reputation. Problem is that when I got it, it had a completely trashed CETME bolt, carrier and LP in it, and the rifle has zero bolt gap. I'm guessing somebody swapped this junk in prior to selling the rifle. However, as the rest of the rifle is all G3, I'm wondering if it should actually have a G3 bolt, carrier and LP? Does anyone know a quick and easy way to tell what parts are actually correct for this rifle? (Cocking tube, cocking handle support/sleeve dimensions maybe???) I don't have any G3 parts to swap in or compare to the CETME stuff.

Edit: Talked to the guy who built the receivers. Looks like the rifle is likely a custom (hybrid CETME /G3) build based on one of his receivers, not a G3 spec rifle he actually built. In any event, a few new CETME part appear to have corrected the bolt gap issue, so I'm gonna see if this thing runs and go from there.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom