CHP as a form of ID.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Have any of you successfully used your CHP card as a form of ID ? Yesterday my wife was filling out some paperwork at the local School Board office and they needed two forms of ID . She gave them her DL and her CHP and they told her they couldn't accept the CHP .

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    I used mine at a DMV as a second form on ID for my driver’s licenses. They were hesitant to take it. I told them it is issued by the State Police so they really couldn’t argue.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Have any of you successfully used your CHP card as a form of ID ? Yesterday my wife was filling out some paperwork at the local School Board office and they needed two forms of ID . She gave them her DL and her CHP and they told her they couldn't accept the CHP .
    I ran into a similar issue before years ago... Bank needed a form of ID, I didn’t realize my drivers license had been left at home by accident. I presented it to the bank and they didn’t want to accept. I had to get customer service on the phone, for them to explain their own policy to them. It is a state issued and state controlled form of identification. They accepted it in the end.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I think the woman was a dumbass and my wife didn't want to hold up the line by arguing so she gave them something else to move things along .

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    The bank drive-up window in Baton Rouge that we normally use has a decal posted on the glass window listing the different forms of ID accepted and "state issued concealed carry gun permit" is one of the accepted forms of ID... Have not tried to use it because as a long time customer the bank employees recognize me. ...................................... drill sgt.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Chase Bank branch on Perkins - I was being added for access to my parents' safety deposit box and was asked for two forms of ID. They didn't want to take the carry license as the second, but were fine with a credit card. On a good note, the teller asked me a bunch of questions about how he could get his license.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    I can assure you that TSA will absolutely not accept it as a second form of ID. When my new drivers license wouldn't scan at the N.O. airport I was asked for some other type of ID and I offered up my permit. He said they can't accept it, so I politely pointed out that it required more to get than my license, and he agreed, but still couldn't accept it. My DL finally scanned so I'm not sure what the next step would've been.

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Years ago....1990 or so I was trying to buy a bottle of wine from a Walgreens on State St. New Albany Indiana. When I went to check out the store Manager had come up behind me and told the clerk to card me. I gave him my DL and I thought everything would be all right. The Manager told the clerk to card me again. I wondered what I had that would suffice as a second ID..my student ID, library card? Then I saw my carry permit in my wallet. I don't know about now, but, at that time the Indiana permit was on pink tissue paper that looked a lot like carbonless forms. It also had a window that had your right index finger print on it...no picture. I gave it to the clerk and he looked up at me and asked "They finger print you for that?" The manager snatched it out of the clerk's hand and said that a speeding ticket wasn't a legal form of ID. I told him that it was issued by the State Police but it wasn't a speeding ticket. "What is it then?" he asked. "A permit to carry a concealed weapon." The manager realized that he was confronting somebody that may very well be armed and had an immediate and drastic change of attitude. "Yes sir, anything else for you sir, have a nice day sir!"

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    I opened an account in a local bank in Abita Springs. The manager asked for two ID's, looked at me with a cocky smile and said your concealed carry permit can be one of them. She blind sided me with that one. We do have mutual friends.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I can assure you that TSA will absolutely not accept it as a second form of ID. When my new drivers license wouldn't scan at the N.O. airport I was asked for some other type of ID and I offered up my permit. He said they can't accept it, so I politely pointed out that it required more to get than my license, and he agreed, but still couldn't accept it. My DL finally scanned so I'm not sure what the next step would've been.
    Your foot in his donkey would have been the next step!

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I had a colleague that presented a TWIC card at the airport and it wasn't accepted. TWIC cards are issued by Homeland Security. TSA is a division of Homeland Security.

Last edited:

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    I had a colleague that presented a TWIC card at the airport and it wasn't accepted. TWIC cards are issued by Homeland Security. TSA is a division of Homeland Security.
    I work in the offshore oilfield industry and the funniest thing is TSA actually does the background check for the TWIC card

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    This is a perfect example of badly screwed up the government, and for that matter big business, is. If a CHL and TWIC card are not positive ID, HOW THE HELL IS A CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD WITH NO PICTURE ON IT BE OK!

OutlawPawPaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2019
    Robert, LA
    I've had my DL and my passport both fail to scan. TSA checked them several times to make they weren't fake and let me through. They told it happens sometimes

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom