CHP Class Northshore

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    Covington
    I have a FL permit but want to take the class and get the LA permit. I have been planning on taking it a precision but never get around to it. I would like to find a closer place to take it.

I am in covington. A friend of mine took it from someone around folsom but I don't think the person does it for many people.

I was hoping one of you could suggest a place on the northshore. Does FITS teach it?

Thanks

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    There is a guy/place in Covington who teaches it. He gave me his card at a gunshow. I will see if i can find it. You are good to go with your Florida one. I would wait for it to expire if it does before yu renew yours.

Ike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    Covington
    I want to have the LA one just to have it. I think it is important to have your home states permit. I got the FL one b/c it was quick and easy using my W&F hunter class. I also fear crossing a LEO that doesn't know or care that the FL one is good for LA residents.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Just tell him ignorance of the law is no excuse. As I have been told before by them. I will see if I can find that info for you. I remember his card having a cartoonish Cowboy on it. I think he said the shooting partion was conducted at Tallow Creek so you might be able to go in there and see if they have any business cards posted on the wall or something.

meisal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 30, 2007
    Benton, LA
    If you haven't found someone yet there is a deputy my son in law works with that does the classes here in Covington.
    I can find out info if still needed.

Bill

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 30, 2007
    Carriere, MS
    +1 For Eric Jones

+1 For Eric Jones

He gives a great class. He did the classes for my old shop (B & T).

He would be doing them at the new shop........but I don't have the room :(

Bill

Ike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    Covington
    Thanks for all the names and numbers.

Once I work out when I can do it and if my friends want to take it with me I'll be setting something up. Its nice to see I have some local options.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I have a FL permit but want to take the class and get the LA permit. I have been planning on taking it a precision but never get around to it. I would like to find a closer place to take it.

I am in covington. A friend of mine took it from someone around folsom but I don't think the person does it for many people.

I was hoping one of you could suggest a place on the northshore. Does FITS teach it?

Thanks

The guy up near folsom is Mr. Jim Clark. FWIW, im taking it at his place in 2 weeks. PM me if you haven't taken it yet and want to tag along.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom