CHP no longer required for veterans on August 1st

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hildus Magnus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    --
    Rep. Larry Frieman

ATTENTION ALL LOUISIANA VETERANS!

Act 680 becomes effective on August 1, 2022. Under this new law, which I supported, all honorably discharged Veterans who have not been convicted of a violent crime, not under influence of alcohol or drugs, are at least 21 years old may carry a CONCEALED WEAPON WITHOUT A PERMIT in any place and under the same restrictions that those with a permit may carry a concealed weapon. You will need to have proof of being a veteran which can be any military ID card or even your driver’s license showing “veteran” on it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

225todd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Here is the literature for anyone who wants to read over it.

https://legis.la.gov/legis/ViewDocument.aspx?d=1290223

I'm glad this was passed, but in my heart still feel that a class should be required to carry, not a license. The reason that I say that was when I took my concealed carry class I learned a lot about what would be considered 'Self Defense' and what would not be. I didn't realize that the consideration of 'Aggression' was so fickle. There were things that I would have never considered in my mind as being the aggressor, that by law is actually considered as you being the aggressor. I think that a class requirement would go a long ways in education and could help someone out of possible jail time in the long run for something that they felt was right. I see that they are offering a free 2 hour course in basic education, so that will help. All in all it looks like a major win!

Codyjohn61

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 5, 2022
    Belle Chasse
    --
    Rep. Larry Frieman

Act 680 becomes effective on August 1, 2022. Under this new law, which I supported, all honorably discharged Veterans who have not been convicted of a violent crime, not under influence of alcohol or drugs, are at least 21 years old may carry a CONCEALED WEAPON WITHOUT A PERMIT in any place and under the same restrictions that those with a permit may carry a concealed weapon. You will need to have proof of being a veteran which can be any military ID card or even your driver’s license showing “veteran” on it.

Fantastic love to see it. Does anyone know if this apples to active duty service members as well? And what are peoples thoughts?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    think its one small step for man, but a huge dump on man kind if that makes sense....

its a constitutional right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed... every law abiding citizens should have that right, not just active or retired military...

giphy.gif

Just messing with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Man y’all gotta be yankin my chain……. My CHP ends in February and I was just about to start looking for a class to renew my permit…. Please tell me I don’t even have to go pay for that stupid class?????

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    --
    Rep. Larry Frieman

Ok but what about my wife? She has a military ID… am I just reaching now? She gets one because of my disability status.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Ok but what about my wife? She has a military ID… am I just reaching now? She gets one because of my disability status.
    My guess would be no since she's not a Vet. What does she have a dependent ID?

Kdjohn1

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    St. Francisville
    I totally respect our veterans and active duty members of the military, but could this be a possible 14th amendment issue? Are non-veterans being denied certain rights and privileges under the law, without due process, that are being extended to others under the law?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I totally respect our veterans and active duty members of the military, but could this be a possible 14th amendment issue? Are non-veterans being denied certain rights and privileges under the law, without due process, that are being extended to others under the law?

Non veterans have access to permits as always. No one is denied anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom