CHP no longer required for veterans on August 1st

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I mean lets be real here. For the everyday law abiding joe that has a concealed carry permit, it's pretty unlikely that he'll ever have a LEO give him a problem a problem because of a knife he's got in his pocket when he tells the LEO that he's legally concealing a firearm.
    I mean sure depending on the cop, his mood, and who he is as a person. Let’s not pretend bad cops don’t exist and cops don’t also write tickets or press charges solely to generate money for the department and get an ol at a boy pat on the back.

Is it likely? Probably not. Can it happen? Absolutely. I’m probably not going to get robbed at gun point today either but I’m still going to take measure to be prepared for a situation like that if it does arise.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I feel like we have discussed this before and came to the agreement that an auto knife clipped in your pocket was not concealed because the clip was visible. Problem solved.
    I’d agree with this. Just like a firearm if you can tell what it is and visible see a piece of it than it’s not concealed. Now if the shirt is covering it completely that may be a different story and it would still be concealed.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I mean sure depending on the cop, his mood, and who he is as a person. Let’s not pretend bad cops don’t exist and cops don’t also write tickets or press charges solely to generate money for the department and get an ol at a boy pat on the back.

Is it likely? Probably not. Can it happen? Absolutely. I’m probably not going to get robbed at gun point today either but I’m still going to take measure to be prepared for a situation like that if it does arise.
    There are likely dozens of laws that you and all of us break everyday that we could easily be charged with. Worrying about getting a charge for carrying a knife is kinda silly. But you do you.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Or one of those situations where the officer just wants to be an ass and flex his authority.

Exactly. To be safe, I wouldn’t do it if I were you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    When I saw you replied, for a second, I thought, "now why is he going to beat his head against a wall for this". Then I just laughed and laughed and laughed. :bowrofl:

I’m getting old, I find it best to just find ways to humor myself now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ladeerhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2022
    Lafayette
    --
    Rep. Larry Frieman

ATTENTION ALL LOUISIANA VETERANS!

Act 680 becomes effective on August 1, 2022. Under this new law, which I supported, all honorably discharged Veterans who have not been convicted of a violent crime, not under influence of alcohol or drugs, are at least 21 years old may carry a CONCEALED WEAPON WITHOUT A PERMIT in any place and under the same restrictions that those with a permit may carry a concealed weapon. You will need to have proof of being a veteran which can be any military ID card or even your driver’s license showing “veteran” on it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
    That is great. Why not include retired police officers?

Cbt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    The CHP is a definite advantage for at least two reasons: reciprocity to carry in about 36 other states; acts in lieu of a NICS check for many gun stores (I believe).

Cbt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    A veteran would still have to show an "Honorable Discharge" ... and that would NOT apply to a dependent.
    I am a DH (to a Navy wife, Captain) and this would not apply to me since I was not active duty with a discharge ... except when my WIFE says "you may leave now" .. grin

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    It's just feel good legislation. Veterans got the permit for free anyways. So by doing this the state doesn't lose any money from permit fees and they save money by not having to do all the work to give a free permit.

I'll pay the money to take a class to get a new permit and I'll make the state put in work to give me my free permit.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom