CHP Renewal Issue on LSP Website and another Question...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cdaniel76

Honey Island Range Ofcr.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Covington, LA
    1st time renewing here. Sorry if this has all been asked before... Plus I had an issue on the website.

Do I need to resubmit all the same paperwork from first time (divorce decrees, arrest dispositions, etc?)

Secondly, I was attempting to start the renewal online and I can't get past the 1st page. I put in all the information it asks for and it tells me "there's already an application in our system matching this information" or something along those lines.

Any feedback or advice?

Thanks

BluewaterLa

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Slidell La
    my father in law just tried to renew online and kept getting some flack and error message.
    Had to call LSP baton rouge and after speaking with the nice lady several times eventually a supervisor had to help the issue and get the process done.
    Apparently they are having a huge issue with the website.

CRichard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2021
    Lafayette
    I had the same issue , The sight says no need to submit divorce decrees or dispositions submitted with original.. But as you noted the online application process has steps to submit. I ended up resubmitting all just to be transparent as before. It did not cause a delay in renewal and renewal went smoothly.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    I resubmitted all the documents from my original application for my renewal. Permit was "returned" and they asked for documents I had already uploaded. Haven't been able to get anyone on the phone since Thanksgiving.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    "there's already an application in our system matching this information" or something along those lines.
    Call them. This happened to me, turned out I had tried to renew online and for some reason I sent in a paper application back in 2016? Anyway, I called, they reset the application, and all was good on my online application.

As far as court dispositions, I just put filed on original application.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    I submitted my Renewal online yesterday, site stated that no errors, and later got an automated reply asking for fingerprint cards. Anyone have any experience with this part of the online renewal process.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Submitted my renewal application online Tuesday, May 31. Two hours later, I received an email saying the application was accepted and to go online and pay the fee, which I did as soon as I read the email.
    20 minutes ago I received an email saying the application was approved and to expect my permit in the mail within 10-15 days.
    This mirrors the turn around time when I submitted my first time application five years ago.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Update---
    Received my new CHP in the mail today. Postmark was June 3. So from the date of the class until I had my CHP in hand was a total of 9 days including a holiday and weekends.

icetraxx

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Same experiance as nolaradio renewal turn around is lightning fast. Now if they could apply that time frame to the items I have sitting in form 4 jail...

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Even easier if you have a lifetime permit. All you do is email a copy of the new training certificate and current permit number…..

brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    I submitted my Renewal online yesterday, site stated that no errors, and later got an automated reply asking for fingerprint cards. Anyone have any experience with this part of the online renewal process.
    I got same thing, except request for fingerprint cards came Certified Mail. Had them done and sent to BR certified mail. This was early June 2022. Anyone know what CHP status "HELD" is ? I don't expire until late September.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    If you let it laps you’ll have to submit fingerprints. Or if you accidentally checked “New” on the application.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom