Ciener Conversion for AR15 - 140 @ Midwayusa

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LAYNFRM

in the fire
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    central/pride
    iS ONE BETTER THAN THE OTHER?

i have no clue. that's what i was asking. they're so opinionated on some retarded stuff on there that i don't even read most of the threads anymore. most people on there seem to act like only a couple companies produce anything worth even considering, and all else is complete crap. i know they are the most elite rifle owners in the world, so everything they say is unquestionable. one stovepipe out of 10K rounds would make a product entirely unreliable, unless it was their choice brand or a glock

/rant

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    Northshore
    After FF'in both the ciener and the spikes kit, the quality of the spikes kit "feels" alot better, there are "known" issues with the ciener kit OTB. There has been such a high demand for a conversion that Spikes and another company reworked the JAC kit over and produced their own with way better CS.

For example, and Richard can vouch for this, you will not need to lube up the Spikes kit due to its NP3/Nickel finish. The extractor and springs are upgraded and It comes with 1 BMD full size mag, vs that lil 10 rounder.. I bet you once you feel mine, you will love it. When you get back from AZ we'll hook up and you can FF it.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    After FF'in both the ciener and the spikes kit, the quality of the spikes kit "feels" alot better, there are "known" issues with the ciener kit OTB. There has been such a high demand for a conversion that Spikes and another company reworked the JAC kit over and produced their own with way better CS.

For example, and Richard can vouch for this, you will not need to lube up the Spikes kit due to its NP3/Nickel finish. The extractor and springs are upgraded and It comes with 1 BMD full size mag, vs that lil 10 rounder.. I bet you once you feel mine, you will love it. When you get back from AZ we'll hook up and you can FF it.

In the Future, please do NOT have my name anywhere in one of your :ghey: vibe posts.

That being said, the ciener kits work, but the spikes kit is much, much nicer. beefier rails w/ notched ejection port, much MUCH better welds, better firing pin and extractor, and on the spikes conversion kit, it utilizes 2 'O'-rings to keep .22lr gunk from getting in your chamber, and also the super slick OTB nickel coating.

Before anyone bashes Spikes for the post-election price hikes, I suggest you do some searching to see how Jonathan Arthur Ceiner (JACkass) has been skull ****ing people for decades now. He is the one you definately do NOT want your money going to.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    So this is all you need to convert an ar to .22? Does anyone have one? Is it worth it?

Yes all you need a .22 lr conversion + mags. There are a few different designs, the atchisson/ceiner style being the most popular. all you have to do is push out your rear takedown pin, hinge open the upper, remove BCG, install the .22lr conversion unit, close upper, insert loaded mag and shoot.

If you are going to use one in your 5.56 upper, do not use the cheap remington thunderbolt, or any wax coated lead bullets, get copper washed/plated ammo, to avoid leading up your gas tube. Most people will run 3-4 rounds of 5.56 after each 500 or so rounds of .22lr to purge the gas tube of any residual lead/gunk, but I have read of people going up to 2k rounds of good .22lr ammo w/o any problems.

the conversion unit will pay for itself after one range trip. $140 conversion + $15 per 550 bulk pack of .22lr ammo is less than 500 rounds of .223 brass cased. I love mine, as do most other members who have a .22 kit.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom